• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello all

Rockstar37

Hi everyone,
My name is Valerie Rockenstyre. I'm 37, married and have four children. I am the proud step mom to three of my children: Aiden, Ashley and Kayla. My husband is a wonderful step father to my son Nicholas. Together we have a wonderful, blended family. My son Nicholas, is 7, and was recently diagnosed as autistic. He was diagnosed as ADHD and irritable mood disorder two years ago. However, I kept fighting because I knew something was wrong.
I have known since Nicholas was two that something was wrong. I suspected he had autism tendencies and started requesting testing. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a doctor to listen to me. Last year I was able to get a doctor to listen to my concerns and test Nicholas. We received the results we suspected: autism, adhd and disruptive mood disorder. Nicholas is in a public school in a self contained classroom. It is a journey. I love Nicholas and his amazing self.
I'm not sure what else to add so that's my introduction! Hopefully my stories will bring laughter and help to others.

A heartfelt welcome, Valerie and Nicholas! :) I hope you jump right in here, and feel at home. You are among good people on AC. Again, welcome!

welcome.png
I'm sure you will find the information you seek from both our friendly membership and great archives :)

New Threads

Top Bottom