• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Headphones

I went back to Best Buy....to take another look on some Sennheiser HD 429s headphones on sale. Good sound, but they certainly didn't block out outside noise to any real degree. Just muted it.

Then I made the inevitable mistake of trying the Bose Quiet Comfort 15s again. This time I made the point of flipping the noise cancellation switch on and off just to see how effective that function actually is. Shockingly good.

Although absurdly expensive, they completely deliver. Something I'd have to recommend to any Aspie with sensory issues ranging from wanting to seriously block outside noise, to every sound at all. I just haven't found anything anywhere close to this product. Just comparing them forced me to back off from buying the Sennheiser, although I'd very much like to replace the cheap and uncomfortable headphones I have at the moment.

At some point I just KNOW I'll purchase those Bose headphones! Suddenly to realize the expense might be justified.

I use the Bluedio R+ headphones. I really like using them mainly because they're really comfortable and wireless, they are quite big though.

My favorite are my Klipsch X10s, I can wear them all day. I have better headphones that I rarely wear due to comfort. They are pricey but worth it, at least to me, I'm kinda picky when it comes to audio.

My favorite are my Klipsch X10s, I can wear them all day. I have better headphones that I rarely wear due to comfort. They are pricey but worth it, at least to me, I'm kinda picky when it comes to audio.
I've heard many good things about Klipsch's in-ears. I was considering them for a while but settled on a full-size pair with a tight seal. I'm very picky too; I have a number of different headphones that I use for different settings and different music. I've been kind of averse to in-ears for a while, mainly because they tend to not be very durable and I don't usually care for their sound, but sometimes I really miss my pair of Etymotics--they sounded okay, didn't need an amp, and did a superb job blocking the outside world.

Sennheiser HD 449
I have a pair of 448's (the 449's predecessor), and I admit they are probably the least favorite of my headphones. Then again, I have never cared for even the highest-end Sennheisers I've listened to, so I guess it's all taste, as so many people absolutely love them (including my model). Not that my pair is without merit, I guess I simply prefer the sounds of my AT's and (when I'm in the mood) my Grados. They do have the advantage of being easy to drive, not something I can say about the ATH-M50 that I own. :D

I have a pair of 448's (the 449's predecessor), and I admit they are probably the least favorite of my headphones. Then again, I have never cared for even the highest-end Sennheisers I've listened to, so I guess it's all taste, as so many people absolutely love them (including my model). Not that my pair is without merit, I guess I simply prefer the sounds of my AT's and (when I'm in the mood) my Grados. They do have the advantage of being easy to drive, not something I can say about the ATH-M50 that I own. :D
True. I happy with mine though.

I don't use headphones, they make me hear my heartbeat.

My husband likes to watch the news and gory movies, and I used to get nightmares just listening; then I bought him headphones and now we're both happy :)

True. I happy with mine though.
I've actually been listening to them more lately, to see if they grow on me. I think my problem with them isn't because they are mediocre (they definitely aren't!) but that they are a little to "veiled" and "laid-back" (man, audiophile terms are so vague!) for my taste. And for me, they don't sound all that great without my trusty US$28 Fiio E06...which seems to be the case with all the headphones I happen to choose. :confused:

I've actually been listening to them more lately, to see if they grow on me. I think my problem with them isn't because they are mediocre (they definitely aren't!) but that they are a little to "veiled" and "laid-back" (man, audiophile terms are so vague!) for my taste. And for me, they don't sound all that great without my trusty US$28 Fiio E06...which seems to be the case with all the headphones I happen to choose. :confused:
The Fiio looks like an interesting device.

What made made me choose the headphones I own I tired other ones within the price range in the store. This Sony pair I tired sound very horrible. The Beats Audio headphones is a overly bass headphones. It seems to be geared for people only care about bass. But the Sennheiser HD 449 was something I was very happy with the sound.

Too bad I don't live in the same area as you to see what your headphones sounds like. Glad you found something works for you.

I use wireless headphones so I can listen to my music on my laptop and move around freely in the house. Those little headphones just annoy me because the majority sound tinny and they keep falling out my ears.

The only problem when I war headphones is when people shout of me and lose their temper when I don't hear them.

The Fiio looks like an interesting device.

What made made me choose the headphones I own I tired other ones within the price range in the store. This Sony pair I tired sound very horrible. The Beats Audio headphones is a overly bass headphones. It seems to be geared for people only care about bass. But the Sennheiser HD 449 was something I was very happy with the sound.

Too bad I don't live in the same area as you to see what your headphones sounds like. Glad you found something works for you.
Re: the Beats...I always recommend the Audio-Technica model I own for someone who wants good bass. The bass has quite a lot of punch, depth, and heft without drowning out the rest of the frequencies and it's overall a very accurate headphone. Plus the build quality is FAR superior to the Beats. I love them. :)

Re: the Beats...I always recommend the Audio-Technica model I own for someone who wants good bass. The bass has quite a lot of punch, depth, and heft without drowning out the rest of the frequencies and it's overall a very accurate headphone. Plus the build quality is FAR superior to the Beats. I love them. :)
I see. Now I know why you don't like my headphones as mine is not the type generates lots of bass. But the again, that not what I want in my headphones.

However, I trust your word the brand you own sounds better than Beats. But I know my option wouldn't matter as lots of people have different taste than me.

I see. Now I know why you don't like my headphones as mine is not the type generates lots of bass. But the again, that not what I want in my headphones.

However, I trust your word the brand you own sounds better than Beats. But I know my option wouldn't matter as lots of people have different taste than me.
Actually, I'm perfectly fine if my equipment is a bit lean on the bass...I almost prefer it, in fact...It's just, when there IS plenty of bass, it's really annoying when it's to the detriment of the overall sound! :)

I'm acttually amazed ... No one mentioned STAX headphone , No AKG , only one mention of GRADO , and no mention of Shure in hear .... But ppl play 300$ for having B over them ear .... Strange

I'm acttually amazed ... No one mentioned STAX headphone , No AKG , only one mention of GRADO , and no mention of Shure in hear .... But ppl play 300$ for having B over them ear .... Strange
Some people will just buy headphones just because a celebrity endorsed. Though I consider this very silly, this is just some of the ways people shop. As for the other people, the experience with headphones with one person is different than another person. Something else, I believe most people are not audiophiles, so people not in that category might have completely different taste and standards compare to people that are.

I was a bit amused to see 49ers Quarterback Colin Kaepernick fined $10,000 for his endorsement of Beats headphones. Apparently the team/league has a deal with the practical use of Bose headphones. Neither Kaepernick or his legal counsel was aware of it...

It continues to interest me in who is actually using Bose products, as opposed to those who merely endorse them for profit.

If one's primary concern is noise-cancelling, I haven't heard any other headphones that do a better job than Bose.

New Threads

Top Bottom