• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has anyone seen this?

Thanks for posting this here! I have not seen this before, but I used to follow her on Instagram for 1,5 years because I liked a lot if things she said. I stopped following her, though, after she veeery publicly said that it's only self-diagnosed people who say that there aren't different levels of Autism. In general she spoke very badly about self-diagnosed people, even though most people start out being self-diagnosed and many unfortunately simply can't get a diagnosis. I see the issue of self-diagnosis, but without knowing someone, much less having lived someone's life, you cannot say if there self-diagnosis is valid or not.

Whqt she says here about autism speaks sounds better than the organization is generally viewed as. I personally don't have much contact to any organization, but I know about the things that autism speaks is associated with. I believe everyone should choose themselves if they like the puzzle piece, the I fit loop, the color red or the color blue or none of the above.

Interesting, but she didn't answer any of the more, uh... pressing questions that I know a lot of us on here have.

Like these issues

Yeah, you're toatlly right there! I think it's a lot about what the company wants her to say, and they obviously shy away from these questions. They simply say whatever makes them look good and ignored what they should actually talk about :(

Any member of an organization (promoting the organization) can not be taken as an unbiased source of that organization. This video is just public relations.

New Threads

Top Bottom