• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Halo Everyone ^_^

Melinoe16

The first time I knew I could never fit into this world, was when I went to McDonald's one day with an ex, and because I had not prepared myself mentally to be in such a well-lit, full of people place, I had a panic attack. My ex said, "What is f***ing wrong with you, why can't you be normal?" Back then, I was unaware that there was a possibility that I may have something that could be diagnosed, and now here in the present, I understand my condition/s so much more. I am a young lady (alien lol) with self diagnoses of Asperger's and Attention Deficit Disorder (soon I will get an official diagnosis), and Social Anxiety. I hope I can make new online friends here, so, it is nice to meet you all.

Melinoe

Aye, it those days in ignorance can be the most hurtful ones. People who say the phrase "ignorance is bless" clearly haven't had situations like this.

Welcome.

Hi there.

I am also a self diagnosed aspie and sadly, seems it is going to stay that way, since where I live, they do not recognise aspergers. I also have chronic social anxiety and for that, hope to be formally diagnosed, when finances get a bit easier, I will see a psychiatrist and get that diagnoses of social anxiety.

In truth, I cannot say that your ex is an idiot, because he just did not understand. If one sees someone freaking out, sadly the natural assumption is negative.

My husband does not get my social anxiety and thinks it is bizarre, when we arrive at a shop and I cannot get out of the car and go into the shop on my own; I usually with forced casually say: oh, it doesn't matter, I will wait for you, til you get petrol. He often says: for goodness sake; what is wrong with you? I think the white jacket is after you! Yet, he is the same guy who will walk me to a public toilet, in a restaurant or even go and see if the toilet is straight forward ie no stairs or steps!

You are so blessed to have found this forum!

Hello
Fisher-Price-Baby-Apps-toddlers-46.jpg

Welcome to AC. It is sooooooooo important to be able to begin to unravel this mystery of our lives. Glad to see you appear to be on track in doing so.

It's quite an epiphany to discover most of the whys and hows of one's life, when otherwise we've spent so many years stumbling through life with grief and frustration.

Last edited:
He often says: for goodness sake; what is wrong with you? I think the white jacket is after you!

You shouldn't let him talk down to you like that. Especially if he repeatedly does this, ignorance is not an excuse for his behavior.

The first time I knew I could never fit into this world, was when I went to McDonald's one day with an ex, and because I had not prepared myself mentally to be in such a well-lit, full of people place, I had a panic attack. My ex said, "What is f***ing wrong with you, why can't you be normal?" Back then, I was unaware that there was a possibility that I may have something that could be diagnosed, and now here in the present, I understand my condition/s so much more. I am a young lady (alien lol) with self diagnoses of Asperger's and Attention Deficit Disorder (soon I will get an official diagnosis), and Social Anxiety. I hope I can make new online friends here, so, it is nice to meet you all.

Melinoe
hi melinoe,welcome to aspiecentral, keep posting here i guarantee you will finally feel less alien.

its awful of your ex boyfriend to treat you that way in mcdonalds, people who have panic attacks [im one of them] dont want any attention drawing to their panic and anxiety and for him to do that shows how much care and sympathy he has,it doesnt take einstein to realise you needed a bit of help,ie to be taken outside until the attack passed,perhaps he go in and order the stuff instead of you going in.
anyway,hes your ex,so thats good -i personally think you should look for an autistic boyfriend on your level rather than neurotypical.

New Threads

Top Bottom