• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Given that I'm on benefits, would I be able to get a 4K TV from Argos on credit?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

They have one at £359 on their website, it's not a well known brand though, as the big brands such as Samsung are stupidly expensive, you're paying for the brand reputation after all.

Anyway the point is, if I was to pay say £20 a month for 18 months, would I be able to get a 4K TV on credit? Only reason I want one is for the next Xbox, there's no 4K TV content available yet.

If the Mods feel this would be more suited to the Technology section, feel free to move it, but it's more about the credit than the TV itself.

if you cant get credit-have a look at the argos card.
unless its changed since i used it you can get an argos card if your on benefits, i got one when i had just turned adult age and bought computer stuff with it.

if you cant get credit-have a look at the argos card.
unless its changed since i used it you can get an argos card if your on benefits, i got one when i had just turned adult age and bought computer stuff with it.

Thanks, I might look into that.

However, your equals you're. sorry but poor grammar does my head in.

Ironically this is the sort of thread that on so many other forums outside this domain would be met with insults and hostility on a premise of questioning one's executive functioning skills.

That most anyone on a fixed income based largely on entitlements has no business seeking credit terms over that which they don't really need and can't really afford.

But fear not, there are plenty of predatory lenders who would love to indulge you at 29.9% APR. Not all scams are illegal.

Argos Credit & Insurance | Argos Card

@tree
It's literally in @toothless' signature that he may make grammar and spelling mistakes. Not reading information that's there to be read does my head in.

EDIT: Sorry @toothless, used the wrong pronoun. Changed it now.
@xudo thankyou so much for pointing it out,funnily enough i altered my signature a little not long before richs post which shows how fed up i am with this behavior towards me.
its bullying plain and simple and no one should be tolerating it-people clearly think the same as they have all agreed with you,i am absolutely fed up of being bullied online because of impairments stemming from being LFA.
i have only ever tried to support rich, in spite of being told in his own words i am crap at spelling/grammar.

rich often does this towards me and i have pointed it out multiple times about my signature even spending time explaining the complex issues i have from my autism and intellectual disability,and i have said i completely understand he has obsessive tendencies towards having perfect spelling/grammar but you cant force perfection on another person and it is completely inapropriate to attack a persons issues on a support forum for people all over the spectrum-we arent all aspies!

ive had it from other people to via private message before,way to go-your picking on a 'low functioning' autistic!

...Anyway the point is, if I was to pay say £20 a month for 18 months, would I be able to get a 4K TV on credit? Only reason I want one is for the next Xbox, there's no 4K TV content available yet....

I've already discussed this in another thread on the tech forum where another poster mentioned 4K panels - my conclusion is that unless you're doing editing work of any sort, there's really no benefit to getting one at the moment with the limited amount of 4K content available. On the other hand, if you enjoy blurred and upscaled images and you're really set on it then go on ahead, but patience is a virtue isn't it ;)

Why not settle for a 1080p panel instead? A used one would be far cheaper (you're on government benefits, right?); most pawn shops or equivalent places in the UK should have one for dirt cheap, and you could use that spare time in-between to save up for a 4K panel when content becomes more mainstream.

But fear not, there are plenty of predatory lenders who would love to indulge you at 29.9% APR. Not all scams are illegal.

29.9%? WOW, where do I sign up!?!? :D

Last edited:
Yeah, the poor and unpredictable upscaling on 4K tvs really caused me to back off on buying one with my vast DVD collection. Where suddenly I became quite happy with 480 sources decently and consistently upscaled to 1080p.

To be honest though, when on occasion I see complex console games demonstrated at 1080p I'm in awe of them. Guess I'm "easy". :p

Ironically this is the sort of thread that on so many other forums outside this domain would be met with insults and hostility on a premise of questioning one's executive functioning skills.

That most anyone on a fixed income based largely on entitlements has no business seeking credit terms over that which they don't really need and can't really afford.

Argos Credit & Insurance | Argos Card

Full of Daily Mail readers who think people on benefits are the scum of the Earth because their taxes give people like me a living.

Full of Daily Mail readers who think people on benefits are the scum of the Earth because their taxes give people like me a living.

Yep, same dynamic exists here and elsewhere.

Perhaps more importantly though is to understand that the highest possible resolution of a tv set does not automatically equate to an optimal picture. ;)

Whether you can afford it or not. With or without horrendous credit terms.

I have so many less-than-sterling transfers of films to DVD. Producing them in Blu-Ray or 4K does nothing if the film itself was never digitally remastered. So higher resolution just meant "artifacts" (glitches) are that much more noticeable. (I adore a remastered or brand new movie in this regard!)

Frankly I just don't see why people would want to see console games any sharper than they already are. Except perhaps those marketing the tv sets and developing the games in 4K to get you to buy them. :rolleyes:

If I were a cartoonist I'd depict a donkey with a carrot dangling in front of him that has "5.0" inscribed on it. It never ends...

Screw higher resolution. I'll settle for 1080p with zero response time and no pixelation in complex action sequences with sudden bursts of many colors. Where bogus gimmicks like "Clear Motion Rate" or "Motionflow" actually work with zero judder and motion blur.

Which makes me sometimes wonder if 4K is just another "smokescreen" to distract consumers from what really needs to be improved in widescreen televisions.

Last edited:
I bought a full 1080P HD TV a few years back, the Xbox looks good on it, and I got a new Wi Fi Sky box last week, and watching movies in full HD is amazing, the picture is noticeably better than before.

New Threads

Top Bottom