• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Friend hid FB post from me, hugged everyone but me

jashley

I am so upset, my friend from church made a FB post about moving to my town from her neighboring town and closer to my church and where I live, and that she was looking for a roomate. I got a notification that she posted this, looked at it but later saw that the status was gone. I asked another mutual friend if she could still see the status and she said yes. And a few days earlier she had posted pretty much the same thing about wanting to move to my town only it sounded less definite. The status she posted then hid from me said she was excited to be able to move to my town and closer to my church and that she was looking for a good roomate and not just anyone. Why would she hide that status from me??
Also, I am so upset this girl who I thought was my friend hugged everyone in my church group goodbye last night except me. She just looked at me and walked past me out he door. Why would she do this?? I feel like she doesn’t like me and wanted to hug everyone except me. Also, when I messaged her and a group of girls from our small group to hang outshe just said No I am busy, sorry! and immediately left the conversation.

jashley
Why would she hide that status from you?

Because, for some reason, she didn't want you to see it, apparently.
Unless it was accidental.

When that person said, on facebook, that she was moving to your town and closer to
your church, did she actually address those remarks directly to you? Or did she say
that she was moving to the town where you, among many other people, live, and will
be closer to the church you, among others, attend?

You seem pretty upset about this. Were you hoping to be her room mate?

Is didn't-hug-you girl the same one that posted about moving?
Or is that a different girl?

She didn't address it to me, it was just a general status. And yes its the same girl who didn't give me a hug.

I've been snubbed on Facebook, so I am familiar with that particular pain. I hope you get this cleared up!

It is rough being an aspie a lot of the time!

I really, really get you, because even now, as a mature woman ( age dictates that), I can still feel similar emotions as when I was younger, but the difference is, I am able to rationlise it all!

Ok, because I am a regular user of facebook, I can tell you that it is not in your imagination, she is angry about something to do with you, because it is true, that if everyone else can see a status, but you, then indeed, she has customed it so that you do not see it, but it seems to me, that something must have happened at the point that she decided to custom it, otherwise, why would see let you see it and then not?

Now, if this was me and I tell you, I have been in a similar situation, but not with facebook ( I only befriend those I will never meet and have many wonderful friends on there), I would weigh up the situation and decide whether it is worth tackling her about it, because you see, what I found out, is that even if people are gripping, not often do they fess up and in the end can turn it around and make you look an idiot ( I have been there too often).

So, if you are able to, ask her what is going on?

It has taken only recent for me to see that I have to look at the consequences of my "actions" and so, when I get a spirt of confidence, I have texted someone and asked if I have offended them and always get back a very disparaging text that leaves me in a worse place and incredably embarrassed when I meet them again, face to face! So that taught me a bit of a lesson, to look ahead and see if I can deal with the outcome and if I cannot, then I should just cope the best I can.

Females are the worst for snubbing!

I experienced similar in the past. A friend, who I met first in real life but mainly communicated with her online, kept making arrangements to visit me and not show up. She made various excuses about being unable to go out due to caring for a sick relative, not being able to find a babysitter and so on. I then saw on facebook, a post on her timeline discussing with another friend, their daily trips to a gym on the other side of London, as well as shopping trips to Birmingham. I then discovered the sick relative was never living with her and her husband was perfectly happy to babysit whenever she went to the gym or shopping. I confronted her about it and she was extremely rude and hostile.

New Threads

Top Bottom