• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

For Those of You That Are Married...

There are so many articles like this targeted towards men with aspergers, but notice how there are no articles targeted towards NT women. You'll never see an article titled "Say what you mean, stop crying and put down that pint of ice cream."

@S-Head Thanks for posting and bringing my attention to this lady's blog. I had a look and it made fascinating reading. So much of it was actually word for word what I've heard from my wife but never understood, it was uncanny. This blog was like being given the key to a cypher!

I've looked at her blog previously and had to turn away from it due to the hatred. There are so many other ways to work through things.

Yes. I'm working through things right now.

Does anyone have a success story to share? I mean, there's so many negative stories, can someone share a positive one?! :):D

Yes. I'm working through things right now.

Does anyone have a success story to share? I mean, there's so many negative stories, can someone share a positive one?! :):D

I thought the blog writers was a positive one?
She more or less admits her entire approach to her husband was wrong.
Long winded -yes. Admitting wrong -yes.

She writes in a dramatic way for a reason.
My read was to draw in the 'haters' and turn it around - as she did with her own relationship in the end.
She had a good read of communication differences and,in the end she is jumping up and down shouting 'I was wrong this works better'

I thought the blog writers was a positive one?
She more or less admits her entire approach to her husband was wrong.
Long winded -yes. Admitting wrong -yes.

She writes in a dramatic way for a reason.
My read was to draw in the 'haters' and turn it around - as she did with her own relationship in the end.
She had a good read of communication differences and,in the end she is jumping up and down shouting 'I was wrong this works better'

My wife found that it wasn't positive enough. In other words, the web site didn't help her decide if it's worth it. Or give enough detail on how she did it. (Something like that, I need to ask her again.)

And there were others on this forum that pointed out the lady didn't actually ever admit that she too was a bully.

So yes, it is a partly positive site. However, does anyone else have another example site, or personal story?

How did you or your partner know that it was worth pursuing the relationship together? There are a lot of examples of when it's not worth pursuing, so we could say if you consider the opposite of that, then there's your positive example. But it's not that simple...

What worked, specifically for you? I see, rereading all the posts in this thread that some of you have already given some examples. Thank you. People need more though, so we (all) appreciate anything more that anyone can share. :)

My wife and I are still working on creating a positive example, but we're not there yet.

New Threads

Top Bottom