• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Flu and Tetanus Shots

wanderer03

Yesterday I got the Flu vaccine and Tetanus shots. Today I feel really drained of energy. Anyone else out there feel thw same way after these shots?

I avoid flu shots like the plague they are supposed to prevent.
I am highly allergic to tetanus shots,so they are never an option either.The make me balloon up something fierce.

I just received a flu shot about two weeks ago, and it always makes me feel a little tired for a few days.

Yesterday I got the Flu vaccine and Tetanus shots. Today I feel really drained of energy. Anyone else out there feel thw same way after these shots?
I just received a flu shot about two weeks ago, and it always makes me feel a little tired for a few days.

Flu and other shots do take two or three weeks to take effect, and it's not uncommon to feel a little tired, since, after all, your immune system IS being activated...that said, I get the flu shot every year, and I'll take a little fatigue and a very mild pain in my arm for a day or two over actually having the flu! It's not always as effective as we'd like (as was the case with last year's shot), but for a buck fifty? I'll take it! :) The only reason I, or anyone else, would recommend against it would be if you are already immunocompromised or you have a particular condition that prevents you from getting vaccinations...and that's another reason I keep my shots up to date (need to get an MMR booster soon), is herd immunity.

The flu shot always makes me tired too. My wife and daughter always drag me down to the drug store every year to get one. It's always just a whole lot of drama. I always start crying and carrying on. It's really just embarrassing for the whole family.

Yeah, it's no fun at all. I feel utterly depleted. Except I got a new one which is transdermal instead of injected into the muscle.

I'm aching all over. Ugh!

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom