• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fears & Phobias

Hair, especially long hair. Nightmares about it touching back of my hands or face or neck.

Curly hair brings me out in a cold sweat.
Think I'm the only one out there with that strange one!

I don't think I have a fear of it, but I definitely have a strange fixation on it and an intense desire to not have it on my face or neck because of sensory issues. I've always wanted to be able to have long hair but it creeps me out too much.

I have a fear of clowns and claustrophobic. I don't like elevators, Or anything that is inclosed like. I really really don't do clowns...I tried to help myself with that fear and read and watched IT by Stephen King...heh don't do that...it doesn't help and I love stephen king but yah...

--Being imprisoned
--Large crowds
--Excessive noise (to this day, I don't know how I survived marching band)

At the moment..I am frightened by insects. I moved to this house recently and it is filled with spiders of ALL sizes :( what sucks most is that I am also afraid to kill them :sticky_mad: I literally make my husband kill them for me or if I MUST kill them, I wear a very long glove up to my elbows and grab a lot of tissue to kill them. My husband can't understand why I am so scared of them, but I honestly cannot help it. I have this fear and I cannot get over it.

Emetophobia - phobia of vomiting
Phonophobia - phobia/sensitivity to loud sound
Aerophobia - phobia of flying (due to vomiting)
Agoraphobia - phobia of crowds, open spaces, any situation without escape or help
(haven't found name) - phobia of being underwater
Slight mysophobia - phobia of germs (esp. ones that cause vomiting)
Hypochondria - very worried about diseases (esp. ones that causing vomiting)
Social anxiety - clue's in the name

I have quite a few fears:

• Fire Alarms or any loud, unexpected sound
  • Bees and wasps, even if they don't sting
  • Talking to people over telephones
  • Public speaking
  • The doctor's (out of fear of needles)
  • The dentists (out of fear of discomfort)
  • Ordering food

I also used to have really bad emetophobia. It's gotten less severe over time, but if I had to be around someone throwing up with stomach flu or had to travel by plane or boat I'd be very afraid. It's also the reason I don't drink alcohol and refuse to become pregnant, although I have other, more rational reasons to avoid those things. And yet people think *I'm* peculiar when I try not to chuckle at someone's fear of clowns (all clowns, not just evil ones like Pennywise) or not feel offended by their fear of cats.

New Threads

Top Bottom