• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite Quotes

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson (From his Calvin and Hobbes comic series)

Last edited:
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do, and they will surprise you with their ingenuity" - George S. Patton (1885 - 1945)

"Sometimes you can't see yourself clearly until you see yourself through the eyes of others." - Ellen DeGeneres

This is my fav quote. Its from one of my fav scifi shows called Andromeda. Its from the episode called Harper 2.0 :
Rev: Please. Please Harper, accept my apology. (He puts the pillow on the bed and backs. Harper slowly lays down again) Forgive me.

Harper: It's not you Rev...it's just that....every time I look at you...all I can see is people dying. Bodies, massacre...I've got a lifetime of nightmares knocking around in my skull and I can't do anything to hold them in. All I ever wanted was to know things...how they worked, where they came from. Now I do, and all I can see, over and over and over again is people dying! What do I do Rev? How do I make it stop?
Rev: You need the thing that all your knowledge cannot provide. Wisdom.
Harper: Wisdom, right, show me the yellow brick road, Mr wizard, how do I get wisdom?
Rev: Let go Harper. Let go. Give over to the Divine (Harper is still afraid when Rev tries to get nearer.) all that you are, all that you have. Including your pain. Calm your breath. Repeat. My pain belongs to the Divine. It is like air, it is like water.
Harper: My pain belongs to the Divine. It is like air, it is like water.
Rev: Good. Again
Harper: My pain belongs to the Divine. It is like air, it is like water. It's like a freaking freight train going through my brain, are you sure this works?
Rev: Think of hunger. Thin what it must be like to go days, even weeks without food. Now imagine what it would be like to know that in the midst of that starvation, you could eat, feast, satiate your hunger. But only by killing the people that you love. That is my pain. It is with me each day. My pain belongs to the Divine. It is like air, it is like water.
Harper: My pain belongs to the Divine. It is like air, it is like water. My pain belongs to the Divine. It is like air, it is like water

"When someone asks you if you're a god, you say...yes!"

-Winston Zeddemore, Ghostbusters (I could probably pick just about every other line from that movie as a favorite quote)

NYC Coach: "I don't want another man on that track. Houston, what are you trying to do? Nobody's gonna win this game?"

Houston Team Executive: "Game? This wasn't meant to be a "game". NEVER!"

-"Rollerball" (1975)

"We're so busy watching out for whats just ahead of us, that we dont take time to enjoy where we are." ~ Another one from the great Calvin and Hobbes legacy :)

He allowed himself to be swayed by his conviction that human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them, but that life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves.
- Gabriel García Márquez, Love in the Time of Cholera

One Hundred Years of Solitude
had an enormous impact on me as a teenager. He will be missed.

Gabriel García Márquez, Conjurer of Literary Magic, Dies at 87

The gates of Heaven and Hell are adjacent and unmarked.
- Carl Sagan, Cosmos

(Thanks to Loomis whose quote from one of my favorite works of literature reminded me of it.)

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." - Oscar Wilde

"It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." - W. C. Fields

"If I held you any closer I would be on the other side of you." - Groucho Marx

"If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life." - Oscar Wilde

"Right now someone who works for Facebook is getting tens of thousands of error messages and frantically trying to find the problem before the whole charade collapses. There's a team at a Google office that hasn't slept in three days. Somewhere there's a database programmer surrounded by empty Mountain Dew bottles whose husband thinks she's dead. And if these people stop, the world burns. Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants." ~ Peter Welch (Taken from his essay, Programming Sucks)

"There can be no happiness, if the things we believe in, are different from the things we do" - unknown

From Doc Martin, during the delivery of a baby.
"All right, Lousia, we need to give her some support."
"Yes, I am"
"Physical support."

New Threads

Top Bottom