• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite Quotes

Put your whole self into it, and you will find your true voice. Hold back and you won't. It's that simple - Hugh Macleod

"I'll stick around to indulge your obsession...I got one thing. Same as you...That obsessive nature of yours, that's a big secret. You don't risk jail and your career to save somebody who doesn't want to be saved unless you've got something, anything. The reason normal people got wives and kids. hobbies, whatever, is they ain't go that one thing that hits them that hard and that true. I got music. You got...this. The thing you think about all the time. The thing that keeps you south of normal. Yeah, makes us great. Makes us the best. All we miss out on is everything else."
John Henry Giles, Season 1, episode 9 of House

"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny."

Bertrand Russell

"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny."

Bertrand Russell
I really like this one!

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." ~ Douglas Adams

Reminds me of the joke:

There are two kinds of people in this world:
1) Those who extrapolate from incomplete data

Then there's another one of my favourites:-

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't."

;)

"The word 'good' has many meanings. For example, if a man were to shoot his grandmother at a range of five hundred yards, I should call him a good shot, but not necessarily a good man."
G.K. Chesterton.

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be."

- Kurt Vonnegut

Just seen on Facebook:

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
Alvin Toffler

"We are possessed by the things we possess. When I like an object, I always give it to someone. It isn't generosity--it's only because I want others to be enslaved by objects, not me."

Jean Paul Sartre

If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
Charles Bukowski

One sees well only through the heart.

Antoine de St-Exupery, Le petit prince

(sorry if the translation isn't precise...I only have my French-language copy to go on)

"The aim of life is self-development. To realise one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."
 - Oscar Wilde (Dorian Gray)

New Threads

Top Bottom