• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fans of collecting vintage toys?

Complete Cox 400 kit circa 1976
63328_f4248e4b7f94ce44cc6ad25e9ca2332c.jpg

The fuel contains nitromethane just like a top fuel dragster burns.

My online handle I have been using for nearly two decades is a tribute to that fuel ;)

I wish I could get to my collection of Lego...I have parts and sets going back to the original designs from the early 1950's, along with the old HO scale vehicles (including cyclists) they used to make.

I feel so old when people think of toys and other things from the 1990's or even early 2000's as "vintage".:(

They may as well be saying, "Gee grandma, you saw the first Toy Story when it came out in theaters? Was it black and white back then? Did it have sound or did you have to read the dialogue on the screen? Did your dad drive you to the theater in his Flintmobile and put you on your pet dinosaur's head so you could get a better view of the screen?"

I feel so old when people think of toys and other things from the 1990's or even early 2000's as "vintage".:(

They may as well be saying, "Gee grandma, you saw the first Toy Story when it came out in theaters? Was it black and white back then? Did it have sound or did you have to read the dialogue on the screen? Did your dad drive you to the theater in his Flintmobile and put you on your pet dinosaur's head so you could get a better view of the screen?"

It could be worse...I was watching an episode of "Time team" with my daughter a few years ago. At one point in the episode they were digging up flint tools and explaining what they were when she turned to me and asked "Is that what you used to use". My wife laughed at that and they both love reminding me of it.

New Threads

Top Bottom