• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Everything at Once

cory

I stopped trying to explain this concept to anyone years ago because any time I did I'd at best have a complete lack of understanding or at worst be called crazy. It's what I used to describe those "ah-ha" moments where the solution to some problem instantly comes to you. I feel like I process things at multiple levels; many of which I'm not consciously aware of. When some solution hits me it feels like all of those processes are coordinated and happening together at the same time. I couldn't describe it in words at the time so I put it down in music 13 years ago. I recorded this on a looper. This device will record for up to a one minute, then loop that segment indefinitely. You are able to record over the initial segment an infinite number of times. This is a 30 second loop repeated 3 times. There are between 10-20 overlayed musical parts to this loop.

I agree. I work with electronics and sometimes solutions to problems are hard to come by at first. I can not stop thinking about it and sometimes the answer comes to me while I am doing something else. I have even woke up in the middle of the night with the solution.

As for "most people" not understanding, I got used to that many years ago.

I got used to "most people" not understanding a while ago also. This forum is the first place I have found where most people do understand.

This is really odd, but you just described the art piece I'm working on, it's an explanation of how I think. I'll put it up here in a few weeks when its finished. I liked the music very much and I think 'everything at once' is a good description.

New Threads

Top Bottom