• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ever been bullied? What was your best/worst experience?

I was bullied from my last years at primary school, through secondary school to the first few years of high school. My worst memory was being too scared to join the lunch queue at secondary school and all my negative emotions being made far worse by being hungry (I am terribly grumpy when hungry even on good days).

My best memory is walking home from secondary school, which was in the next village. My friend and I would stop at a shop to buy chocolate and then walk home through the fields, taking the long route to avoid the other students, and we would talk and laugh the whole way. Once we got caught out in a hail storm and we ran home screaming until we reached her house and collapsed on the living room floor laughing hysterically. Good times.

I'll join in, since I was bullied almost every day at school (and at home, to a certain degree). Kids would walk up to me and tell me that they hated me, or that they hated my voice or that I was ugly, for no reason that I could see, and sometimes they would do things like follow me around the playground, at recess, throwing rocks at me. I finally lost it one time and jumped on one of the kids who was throwing rocks at me... I got in trouble.

The worst I can remember, through, was one day after music class when almost the entire classroom followed me down the corridors of the middle school I was at, saying all kinds of horrible things to me. You can imagine how bad I felt having a huge mob of kids all following me and putting me down at the same time. I couldn't get away from them, even though I tried. There was even one girl, who I had always thought to be a nice person, who joined in to put me down. That's the first time I actually broke down crying, and asked them why they were doing that to me, when I had never done anything against any of them in my entire life.

At home, my mom would get mad at me for not thinking better before I said something she thought was stupid, and she would tell me that I must be retarded, or stupid, or an idiot. She rationalized that I must be retarded or else I wouldn't have said, or done, something so stupid. Sometimes she would tell me that she knew I could think better, if I tried hard enough, but that was just as hurtful, since I honestly couldn't think any better. I started life feeling really good about myself, but between the bullying at school, and at home, I don't have a lot of self-esteem left. Luckily, my mom is older now and feels bad about how she treated me, but my self-esteem is still M.I.A..

I never considered that AS might be the reason for the bullying, because I didn't know anything about AS in those days. Public schools can be a very cruel place for a child with AS.

I was severely bullied in middle and high school. They were complete hell. I was picked on for being shy, sheltered, and later because I was gay. I was singled out by older kids mostly but also some younger, called faggot, queer, mocked, and once I was physically attacked in a restroom for being gay. I was constantly called faggot and it got so bad I just withdrew because I didn't want to be around anyone. My grades were terrible. I needed extra help anyway due to my (then undiagnosed autism) and disability in math, but because of the severe bullying, I missed a ton of school. I cried some but then at some point I just got numb and didn't let myself cry any more. I just wanted to stay home where I felt safe than be at school and face the ridicule. I missed so much school that I was on academic probation constantly, which was embarrassing to my parents because they got great grades in school. But I just couldn't tell anyone about the bullying at the time. At one point, this one particular kid who was older than me by two grades bullied me so bad to the point of mocking me in front of other kids constantly and calling me faggot all the time that I just had to tell someone. I felt like a total snitch for doing it, but it didn't do much. He left me alone then but still I got flack for telling. There was never anyone to step in or tell. I didn't know who to trust. I had no friends. I went through it alone. Things are a lot different now but I still have ptsd because of the severe bullying. As a gay man there are enough struggles and issues to deal with and the bullying still makes me somewhat shy around some people because I just am on guard. To this day I am on constant guard and alert for anyone singling me out or any kind of bullying behavior. Word to the wise, don't ever bully someone. It's extremely destructive and damaging. I still don't like people to this day as a result of the bullying I got in high school.

This should be interesting:

Worst:
2009, June - school toilets. Best friend at the time decided he'd try to do butt sex to me - in the toilets, at lunch time, for no reason at all. I was very straight and quite in love with a girl (who I still talk to). He knew that. Quite well.

2009, October - Bullies brother decides to ask, in the admin block if what (now ex-) best friend said was right, and I stupidly admitted it was. 3 hours later counsellor calls me into her office, as she had heard the whole thing. Principal and acting deputy principal rock up, I'm forced into reporting it, kid is handed an AVO (apprehended violence order) by the police. Bullies brother made out rapist was a hero, it got out, whole grade (if not whole school) knew, I was bullied for being "gay".

2009, November - Girl I was in love with asked if it was all true. I told her all of it. Every detail. I still remember the look on her face. She went. Ran. I assume to go behind a block somewhere and cry. In hindsight I should have gone with her but given she wanted time to herself, rather than utilising my shoulder to cry on and give me the hug I needed, I let her go.

Best:
Said girl decided that she'd become close to me. Bullying isn't all bad - it can have good points about it.

Bullied frequently in school. Hated school because of it. Ditched often, especially in junior high, and then dropped out after 10th grade.

Best experience, trips to San Francisco with my parents and stopping by Santa Cruz to ride the roller coaster on the boardwalk.

Worse experience, losing my mother at the age of 25. Second worst, losing my husband at the age of 44.

This should be interesting:

Worst:
2009, June - school toilets. Best friend at the time decided he'd try to do butt sex to me - in the toilets, at lunch time, for no reason at all. I was very straight and quite in love with a girl (who I still talk to). He knew that. Quite well.

2009, October - Bullies brother decides to ask, in the admin block if what (now ex-) best friend said was right, and I stupidly admitted it was. 3 hours later counsellor calls me into her office, as she had heard the whole thing. Principal and acting deputy principal rock up, I'm forced into reporting it, kid is handed an AVO (apprehended violence order) by the police. Bullies brother made out rapist was a hero, it got out, whole grade (if not whole school) knew, I was bullied for being "gay".

2009, November - Girl I was in love with asked if it was all true. I told her all of it. Every detail. I still remember the look on her face. She went. Ran. I assume to go behind a block somewhere and cry. In hindsight I should have gone with her but given she wanted time to herself, rather than utilising my shoulder to cry on and give me the hug I needed, I let her go.

Best:
Said girl decided that she'd become close to me. Bullying isn't all bad - it can have good points about it.
You've had it tough, I hope you find happiness and love in your future. That ex-best friend aka sadist pig will get what's coming to him. Karma is real.

All rapists & sex offenders should be thrown into a pit and have gasoline poured over them and set on fire.

I was never bullied at school, I was actually one of the popular kids.

Bullied by family members and classmates all throughout childhood, teens and abused as an adult. I have pretty much cried inside my whole life.

My worst experience was in 9th grade. It was hailing outside and nobody would give me a ride home. I had to walk home while being pelted in the head and body by quarter size hail. By the time I made it home, my family laughed at me and said I should have stayed at school. I shut myself in my room and cried myself to sleep.

Ok since you brought it up I have to say that any rapist should be burned skinned alive and thrown into a pit for mice to knaw on them and thrown into prison to rot. Don't talk about rapists they are despicable human beings and not even worthy of wasting words on other than to spit on them they're they lowest form of scum there is and I despise every single one of them coming on tv always acting like they're sorry well sorry doesn't cut it they're just sorry they got caught and I hate every last one of them I hate them.

my worst experience with bullying is when a person somehow managed to look through my facebook, and exposed all the bad opinions i had expressed months or years ago.

fortunately, the community took my side, and the person was quickly banned.

it is difficult to find any instances of being bullied without proper cause for it...

Yeah. I've been bullied in primary and secondary school. The worst being the former. I was kicked in the genitals for something I never even said, this dumb wench believed the vile spew coming out of her friend's mouth instead of mine and I ended up paying for it. This all happened whilst I was waiting for someone to pick me up from school, late again as always. This girl had to apologise to me the next day, I wish I told her that her friend made up the whole thing.

There was a class discussion about how valuable school is to us, our ideal school, happiest moment in school, and I forgot the other one. It was a worksheet, then a discussion.

The question about how we can make our school experience better had to be answered by everybody. My answer was bullying. The teacher could not hear me, so the girl at my table said it for me to the teacher. The teacher was writing down our answers. A couple of people (a girl and a boy) in the back were saying how they did not know there was still a problem with people getting bullied. It is still very much a problem.

That same girl, who told the teacher my answer for me, made fun of me in the hallway. I was walking past her and I felt her staring at me as I walked past her. She laughed at me, her friend asked her what she was laughing at, and she told her about how I walk. People have said how ugly I walked 10 times in my previous school and this current one all together.

This is the reason I walk fast in the hallways, but apparently it doesn't matter if I do or not, because I was walking a regular speed before this incident and a girl asked a boy if he liked me, he looked at me, waited until I was "out of ear shot", and he said that I look stupid (he actually said the r-word). So people will say things about me whether I walk regular or fast. I will try to have music playing with my earphones so I cannot hear anything that students say about me.

There is a boy and a girl in one of my class and they sit together. They make fun of me and laugh and tell jokes. The girl told the boy a few times before that he must really like and have a crush on me. One the first day, he told her that he doesn't and that she needs to playing with him. He told her that if he likes me then he would have no taste (meaning that he believes that I have no personality, even though he would not be able to tell because he has never tried to talk to me to see if that is actually true or not). On the second day, he was saying, "shhh, keep it a secret" because they were talking about how he has a crush on me. I endes up moving my seat on Wednesday because I hate being talked about in any way, like that especially. On Thursday, he was being nice and smiled at me. He was the only one who clapped enthusiastically on my presentation.

One more incident about bullying also happened today. Two girls were sitting diagonally in front of me. I was reading, READING, and they were talking crap about me and others! I wasn't even doing anything to them. Then one said two times, "She looks so stupid!" She did not look at me or anything. She could gotten my attention and said it to face, but she didn't. So I moved my seat and kept reading. I think she said I lo

I am so confused about this fake, two faced behavior. This is the reason I stay away from most people.

Hang in there. Don’t let people get to you.

Be strong and firm minded. Thicken your skin, cultivate confidence, and gather maturity. Life is a wonderful experience and your part is essential.

Thank you for relating your experience.

I mostly kept to myself during high school because people would say weird things about me. At one point I had to do an assignment with one of the popular girls in my class who often acted strangely around me. To my surprise we got along really well, although for the longest time I suspected she was just being nice long enough to gather ammunition for bullying me later. But no, turned out she’d always thought I was rather mysterious and cool and just didn’t know how to act around me, so she made jokes around me.
We ended up being friends for a long time. The funny thing is that when we became friends, she started to dress like me and took on my mannerisms and thus she lost her spot as popular girl and became one of the mysterious outcasts as well.

I am sorry you are going through this, this was my experience when I was at high school as well. Its not fun I would encourage you to use places like this where you can vent some and get support. I would also suggest talking to the school staff but that isnt always wise if they are bad at handling such things.

I am sorry you are going through this, this was my experience when I was at high school as well. Its not fun I would encourage you to use places like this where you can vent some and get support. I would also suggest talking to the school staff but that isnt always wise if they are bad at handling such things.
At my other school, the staff was pathetic. They did nothing. At my new school, I will never tell them anything because I know they will not either. That is the reason I stopped going to the counselors at my old school. No one cares; They just pretend.

At my other school, the staff was pathetic. They did nothing. At my new school, I will never tell them anything because I know they will not either. That is the reason I stopped going to the counselors at my old school. No one cares; They just pretend.
That was my experience too. I wish there was a simple solution to the behaviour of others. What I would say is don't let them beat you, don't let their words crush you, they say more about them than anything about you. Realise your value doesn't come from their view of you, you can draw that from those you who's opinions you decide matter.

Don't let it get you down and when it does use here or other things that uplift you.

In school there was a girl who wanted to beat me up because of how I walked with my hands in my pocket. And there was a girl I sat next to in home economics that would talk to me, then one day she told me she couldn't talk to me any more because her friends were asking her why she was talking to me. But there was one group of misfits known as the town freaks that I did get along with and fit in with. Funny thing is, I never once considered it being bullied. Same as with work, didn't realize it was bullying. I just always thought these people were just not nice.

In school there was a girl who wanted to beat me up because of how I walked with my hands in my pocket. And there was a girl I sat next to in home economics that would talk to me, then one day she told me she couldn't talk to me any more because her friends were asking her why she was talking to me. But there was one group of misfits known as the town freaks that I did get along with and fit in with. Funny thing is, I never once considered it being bullied. Same as with work, didn't realize it was bullying. I just always thought these people were just not nice.
Same with me! For me the saddest moment was when my sister joined my high school. She was rather popular at the time, while I was part of the misfits. At one point I talked to her at recess and she told me to go away, she couldn't be seen with me because that would damage her reputation. I was a little hurt by that at the time, but I was more worried about how sensitive my sister was to peer pressure. Luckily we have a better relationship now that we're both in our thirties.

New Threads

Top Bottom