• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone have health paranoia?

Is OkRad changing his own posts to random letters?? That tripped me out for a second.

But anyway, I don't fear dying because I wouldn't mind dying. I think of all the things I wouldn't have to do, and it sounds great! I wouldn't mind living either, because I'm sure there's a lot of great things too. So whatever is happening is fine with me. Pros and cons to each! :D

i had a health paranoia for some time now. usually about the heart attack being imminent and fast acting. it has....mostly passed. occasionally it will pop up, interfering with my ability to sleep.

it turned out to be nothing, just general anxiety.

there is a current paranoia about getting diabetes, but all it does is ensure that i drink more water vs sugary drinks.

If there is a way to change the fear of dying, I've never found it.
It's going to happen and there's no way to know what it will feel like or what, if anything, happens
to your consciousness or experiences afterward.
No matter what your cultural beliefs or what science has so far found, not even those who say they
remember things they experienced that have had NDEs.
The fact is without truly knowing, it is the facing of that unkown that is scary.

But, living can be torture too, depending on what you go through.
If it becomes unbearable, I always said since death is inevitable, you can say stop the world
I want to get off. It's a matter of choice.

I never understood why someone like Jack Kavorkian was illegal, but, an organisation such
as HOSPICE is ok.
They can take you in and remove all life support which results in death from dehydration and starvation
within 3 days. And sometimes it isn't even the person's choice. It is the choice of the POA.
I've seen it done.
They say it is ok when death is inevitable. Again, it is to all of us.

If there is a way to change the fear of dying, I've never found it.
It's going to happen and there's no way to know what it will feel like or what, if anything, happens
to your consciousness or experiences afterward.
No matter what your cultural beliefs or what science has so far found, not even those who say they
remember things they experienced that have had NDEs.
The fact is without truly knowing, it is the facing of that unkown that is scary.

But, living can be torture too, depending on what you go through.
If it becomes unbearable, I always said since death is inevitable, you can say stop the world
I want to get off. It's a matter of choice.

I never understood why someone like Jack Kavorkian was illegal, but, an organisation such
as HOSPICE is ok.
They can take you in and remove all life support which results in death from dehydration and starvation
within 3 days. And sometimes it isn't even the person's choice. It is the choice of the POA.
I've seen it done.
They say it is ok when death is inevitable. Again, it is to all of us.
Hello, SusanLR, nice to bump into you again.
I tend to think that most of us are afraid
of death.
I also tend to believe that most of us are afraid of not being afraid of death.
I think on this, at times, and wonder what my own experience will be.
At those times, I don't consider any
"after". I usually concern myself only with what I may be relatively certain of experiencing, namely, of going from one capable of experiencing, to one that cannot
or does not.
It tends to be what the awareness of that
transition will be like.
I have found that the frightening aspect
is closely related to the consideration of losing, or having taken away, everything
and everyone I have ever cared about, indeed every single experience, while simultaneously losing the ability to
experience.
While this is still unsettling, I find that it is less horrifying than an amorphous, unexplored unknown. I am aware that my own undeveloped, uninvestigated fears
created a much deeper horror than I now feel when contemplating death.
I have come to understand, more and more,
that my fear is rooted in my consciousness,
memories, and awareness ceasing to be, than the final failure of my body---my life---
ceasing to be.
While I still feel fear, at most times, utter
horror has lost it's grasp.
I fully believe that living, I could experience
worse things than death.

I digress.

My purpose here was to highlight my
previous post in this thread, wherein I
recommend The Tibetan Book Of The Dead.
It illustrates likely thoughts and feelings
of one dying, or close to death.
I found it to provide much food for
thought on the subject, and to be very
instrumental in easing my fears of death.

If you are not averse to studying,
or looking into the cause(s) of your fears,
I highly recommend it.

i think what we experience with death is that everything just stops. you know how you go to sleep, and then suddenly wake up hours later? its like that, except you never wake up.

maybe, when the death is natural, the dying brain releases endorphins to ease our passing, which may or may not involve dreaming of things. until science says otherwise, this remains my definitive answer to death.

You aren't. Then you are. Then you aren't again. That's more than scary, I'm petrified of death. I sometimes wish I'd never been born. But I'm here now and there's nothing that I can do about it, and until it happens, I need to focus on being alive, make the most of it and get on with the task of living.

It's the amount of pain and suffering that one goes through when dying of a terminal illness that really scares me. But so does being killed instantly and painlessly in something like a huge explosion. I often wonder what it would be like if I were here at my computer just minding my own business, and then suddenly the entire world blew up without warning and I was killed before I even knew it. Would it be just like I was before I born? I have no memory of having a "before" life, before I was conceived and then born, no maybe there really is no afterlife either and it'll be like I never existed at all.

That includes E-Cigarettes

As acknowledged by Public Health England and countless doctors and studies the world over, there is no measurable risk from inhaling someone else's residual vapour and they are known to be at least 95% safer than smoking for the user. E-cigarettes have helped save millions of lives already. No-one has ever been diagnosed with any form of vaping related disease, yet vapers the world over have recovered from smoking related health problems because it helped them to stop smoking.
If you don't like the smell of somebody's vapour then by all means politely ask them to stop or go somewhere else to vape but you are at absolutely no risk whatsoever.

Clearing up some myths around e-cigarettes - Public health matters

No risk, providing you aren't allergic to nicotine.
(I know, some people who vape don't use the nicotine type. Some do, though.)

Nicotine Allergy: Symptoms and Treatment

I became very ill from riding in a car my cousin was driving,
while he was puffing on his non-tobacco smoking device.
Nicotine cartridges.

Anyone who suffers from an allergy which is triggered by the actions of another deserves the courtesy of people abstaining around them, to do otherwise would be at the very least thoughtless. To continue vaping around someone suffering an allergic reaction because you weren't willing to wait would be selfish and antisocial to my mind. However to the vast majority of people there is no possibility of suffering adverse health consequences as a result of being in the same room a someone who is vaping.
The nicotine content of all commercially available eliquid is way below that of tobacco products so it would have to be a very sensitive allergy to react to vapour. The most popular strengths of eliquid are 3-6 mg per ml. For an eliquid to provide the same amount of nicotine to the user as an average cigarette per puff it needs to be at least 45mg per ml. As pointed out, many vapers also use 0 nic anyway. When you add that vapour sinks rather than rises like smoke and dissipates far quicker, the likelihood of it triggering anything but the most serious of allergies is reduced further. On top of that there are low levels of nicotine in many common foods such as tomatoes, potatoes and peppers which are all part of the same family of plants as tobacco.
Vapers are not smokers, they do not use smoking devices because there is no combustion involved - no smoke, no tar, no nasty smells (in most cases - ever been around someone vaping an aniseed flavour? Smells like Madras curry powder!).
Treating vaping as if it were equivalent in harm to tobacco smoking is effectively doing the tobacco company's PR work for them.
Anyway - this is way off the original topic so I'll leave it there. I just wanted to correct a common misconception that has stopped countless people from making the switch and dramatically improving the health outcomes of themselves and their loved ones.

New Threads

Top Bottom