• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone have a mix of Aspergers and something else?

A social phobia that causes bad anxiety.
I hate labels but i'm interested in knowing how many folk have symptoms of Tourettes?
When mulling over past and present bad memories (like a video in my head over and over) i tick,head twisting,grunting and telling myself to F**K OFF repeatedly out loud.
This i can control in front of folk (or i get out quick if i can't) but not on my own.
I'll do it in a minute because of admitting this lol.o_O
How many others feel like this?
I also have this,its like a relief to swear and also funny to me. I can control it in front of strangers but will let it out in front of people who know me and are just like ._.

Does anyone not have a mix of Aspergers and something else?
I have like a bipolar too, i spoke to a mental health nurse and he said i could have something called cyclothermia , also known as soft bipolar. I get more highs than lows, around once a month i am very energetic and feel great, my mind is racing with ideas, that i will be a famous actor , then its something else or my own business, Ill start organizing parties i can stay awake for long periods during these episodes but the next day i have lost interests in all plans. Sometimes i really don't understand myself, but i can feel it coming on. The downs are less frequent but when they come, I often question my worth and see no future. Once during one manic episode i found myself on a plane to Tokeyo and it was very bewildering when i arrived.. i lasted 5 days.

My main problem is Maladaptive Daydreaming Disorder. Connected to, but not caused by, is Aspergers, ADHD, and Dysthymia (depression).

I also have ADHD, depression and OCD. Then there is Lyme disease with associated co-infections.

I was diagnosed with temporal-lobe epilepsy in 1994, and currently take Keppra to prevent the bigger (grand-mal) seizures.

Mostly just SPD and alexithymia (which might be related somehow).

Not sure if hyperlexia counts as "something else".

Severe OCD and Tourette's.

I was diagnosed with temporal-lobe epilepsy in 1994, and currently take Keppra to prevent the bigger (grand-mal) seizures.

I had this until last week, when I underwent brain surgery to remove part of my left temporal lobe.

I had this until last week, when I underwent brain surgery to remove part of my left temporal lobe.
I'd be scared to undergo something like that, especially since there's no guarantees and I'm not sure how it would affect my Asperger's. So much of my personality has been based on both conditions, and I don't even know who I'd be without them.

The risks of any sort of changes to your personality are really small. I wouldn't want to lose my personality either, but I'm just the same as I always was. Except now I have a kickass scar!

I have a mix of high anxiety and mild autism. This is all that I know pretty certainly, never been diagnosed with autism, since I have never even seen a psychologist.

Does anyone not have a mix of Aspergers and something else?

I thought about this. Since "autism" basically means "self-centred", you'd think it were just how the brain adapts to cope with other things.

Mostly just SPD and alexithymia (which might be related somehow).

Not sure if hyperlexia counts as "something else".

Ylva, SPD ( Or Sensory Processing Disorder, formerly called Sensory Integration Disorder) comes with Asperger's, so does Alexisthemia. Some ASD individuals who aren't/ weren't considered an Aspie. Also have SPD) Even though all Aspies have both. All people with SPD aren't necessarily on the spectrum. It seams some countries ( at least 1) might additionally have to diagnose you with Alexisthemia. For you to officially have it, however- In America, SPD isn't in the DSM yet, as a separate diagnosis.

As for hyperlexia, it is something else. But, a small percentage of ASD folks have it. Hyperlexia is not common to have. But, that's okay, since it's a special gift. Yea?

To learn more about SPD, Alexisthemia, and other closely related conditions. Feel free to check out my very in depth blog at sensorysolutions1.com. And if it peaks hour interest you may want bookmark the site/ sign up for my newsletter. To sign up for it just e-mail me on here showing your interest, (And this is for anyone, not just Ylva, and I'll set you up for it).

I have no one understands me syndrome lol... No just a heart condition, anxiety, depression, hallucinations and brain scarring x

Was dx'd with depression, anxiety, and panic disorder/PTSD when I was in college, along with IBS.

Modified my diet and mostly cleared up the IBS so long as I behave, lol.
The depression has revealed itself more as bipolar now.
I don't think panic disorder was ever really quite the right dx...I'm not really that "afraid" during those attacks, I just feel like I can't breathe.
And these days C-PTSD is a more accurate description of my experiences.

I kinda "walked away" from it all about 18 years ago, dumped all the meds, and did a superb acting job for nearly 2 decades. I turned 40 last year, and all my defenses and acting mechanisms completely fell apart. It was only after working through some of the childhood trauma issues that the aspie patterns started making sense.

Aspergers, Prosopagnosia (Face-blindness), possibly OCD & a Dangerfield Complex...!

Rodney-Dangerfield.jpg

"I don't get no respect, I tell ya'!"​

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom