• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else here own a electric scooter =)

No, for two reasons: 1, I don't require one, and 2, if I used one I'd probably get sidewalk rage.

I get an elemental enjoyment riding it. Somehow with not needing to pedal makes me more aware of the wind and the feel of the road. I have enjoyed cycling for decades (since childhood), doing multi day camping rides, etc. I always liked the minimalist aspect of it, but I never felt the "energy " of the ride before this bike. In fact, riding a me-powered bike is a physically draining experience.
The gas bike is still minimalist in the sense I get 100+ miles per gallon. I cruise about 20-22 mph, so I notice more scenery than I do in a car running the same route.
mobinow.jpg

I have about a 60 mile range on a full tank

How will I get exercise on an electric scooter?

Because I'd like to go at a steady speed but have to keep slowing down when there are slow people dawdling in the middle of the sidewalk and you can't get by.
You will get exercise on a electric scooter by you will need to stabilize your body when turning and stopping, your core muscles will be strengthened. Your arm and shoulder muscles will also be tightened and strengthened with every ride. The balance required to ride an electric scooter improves core strength.

You will get exercise on a electric scooter by you will need to stabilize your body when turning and stopping, your core muscles will be strengthened. Your arm and shoulder muscles will also be tightened and strengthened with every ride. The balance required to ride an electric scooter improves core strength.
Similar to riding a horse. Both horse and rider get a workout

I never mastered a skateboard and never liked scooters much either, not the more modern versions anyway. The old time scooters with bigger wheels with pneumatic tyres were a much more comfortable ride. I saw a few of them motorised back in the 90s too, using a chainsaw motor. Push your scooter to start the motor and when you stop it stalls the motor, they worked really well.

Back then I had an apprentice that wanted to get one, and I phoned up the police legal department to ask about them for him. Back then the police had no classification for them so there were no laws regarding them, they were classed as a child's toy.

It's a bit different these days, the government draws the line at 25 Km/h. If the motor can make it go any quicker than that then it is a motor vehicle that must be roadworthy, registered, insured, licensed, etc.

Last edited:
No, due to extreme agoraphobia and social phobia. However, the idea itself is very appealing to me, as I used to love riding my bike, when a teen.

New Threads

Top Bottom