• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone blog using wordpress?

I do for my wedding photography website/blog. I've had it for a few years because it's the only thing I'm tech-savvy enough to maintain without supervision :p

I do. I use it to write posts for my nature trips. I'm also hosting it with my own server at home.

Maybe :) but I thought it was too overloaded with functions and settings, I wanted something simpler and good looking :) I know, maybe my post is kinda useless here... but what the hell :)

Maybe :) but I thought it was too overloaded with functions and settings, I wanted something simpler and good looking :) I know, maybe my post is kinda useless here... but what the hell :)

True. You can customize WordPress and write code to do make it do many things. But I know most people are not coders.

Yes, it's very easy if you use openshift hosting (it's free btw). You just choose wordpress and it's all setup for you to configure it. I bought my domain on DreamHost.

So do you mean the wordpress.gov service but, then you independently downloaded it too your own server?! I'm not sure which WP your speaking of. The free one?

So do you mean the wordpress.gov service but, then you independently downloaded it too your own server?! I'm not sure which WP your speaking of. The free one?
I'm assuming the OP is talking about downloading WordPress from wordpress.org and installing it on your own server.

I am not a fan of WordPress. The coding is too bulky and makes my browser lock up too much. I like my code clean and simple. And I really can't stand it when a webcomic uses the ComicPress plugin. Worst comic CMS I've ever seen! Ugly layout too.

I use WordPress. It's really good for what it does, even though I don't like working on WordPress sites any more. If I have to work on someone else's site, it's really difficult to wade through all the spaghetti code in the templates and figure out how to change things. It's possible to avoid that problem if you do things yourself though.

If you want to keep things simple, check out Pelican. It doesn't require a database. You write your posts and pages as text files and then run a command to generate the site. Then just upload the generated files and it's live.

I use WordPress. It's really good for what it does, even though I don't like working on WordPress sites any more. If I have to work on someone else's site, it's really difficult to wade through all the spaghetti code in the templates and figure out how to change things. It's possible to avoid that problem if you do things yourself though.

If you want to keep things simple, check out Pelican. It doesn't require a database. You write your posts and pages as text files and then run a command to generate the site. Then just upload the generated files and it's live.
Gosh I hate joomla so much more. That ****ing bloody hell piece of **** software.

But yeah I know what you mean. I do use WordPress for my site WillyG Lounge but I wouldn't work on someone elses site. Not much money in it.

I used Joomla when it was still called Mambo, so I don't know much about it. The Mambo community was based around charging each other for plugins. If I wanted to launch 10 sites I would need to buy 10 copies of some plugin. I switched to Drupal and WordPress because of that. Those communities are built around Free plugins, especially Drupal.

It's possible to make good money with WordPress client work, but I'm not good at dealing with clients so I couldn't make it work well. :confounded:
These days I would just recommend that a business signup on WordPress.com for $99 per year rather than get a custom site.

It's possible to make good money with WordPress client work, but I'm not good at dealing with clients so I couldn't make it work well. :confounded:

True, but me being a software developer, I want to create complex web and/or mobile apps and make a much larger income.

New Threads

Top Bottom