• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you frequently use social media?

Endorsements? I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you mean by that.

It means some of us have nothing complimentary to offer when it comes to that particular online forum. That it's up to you and not us to make such a conclusion...just to be fair. That you may have a different uptake of that forum than some of us have. That's all.

Some of like Coke....some of us like Pepsi.

Me? I really dislike Pepsi. Oops. I'm being polite- again. ;)

Last edited:
Okay, it's probably just my oversensitive self taking things too seriously, but it seems like the folks on this thread are becoming a bit... impatient with me? Is that the right word?

Then again, I've had a pretty s***ty (because I need a word stronger than "crappy" to define it) day thus far, so my mind is convinced that everything's something negative right now... :coldsweat:

Okay, it's probably just my oversensitive self taking things too seriously, but it seems like the folks on this thread are becoming a bit... impatient with me? Is that the right word?

Being oversensitive...a lot of us may fit that description. You're not alone when it comes to such traits and behaviors. It's allowed. ;)

Endorsements? I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you mean by that.

I think what @Judge means is that there are some threads on the topic of WP here which don't necessarily paint it in the best light. They're more about the bad things that some have experienced.

I think what @Judge means is that there are some threads on the topic of WP here which don't necessarily paint it in the best light. They're more about the bad things that some have experienced.

Exactly. For some they have a very benign view of WP. For others, it may be yet another proverbial version of an online "Lord of the Flies". But if you've never been there, it would seem logical to make such an assessment on your own and not rely on any of us. Just for the sake of being fair.

Oh, jeez, this is going to make me sound really entitled probably... :coldsweat:

Why hasn't this thread been featured yet? My last few featured threads have always been, well... featured around the "15-post" mark, and this one's at 32 and counting. I've always just assumed threads were featured because of how many posts they had rather than anything else.

Don't take this the wrong way or anything, but this is legit something I'm wondering about. :icecreamcone:
This thread hasn't been automatically featured due to the area it has been posted in.

Now,as admin here on Aspies Central,I wouldn't put us in a positive light if I didn't promote us as the best Asperger's and Autistic support forum that there is.

Like many AC members you will converse with here,I was not in favor of what I saw at Wrong Planet when I was looking for an autistic community to join.

The members were elitist and not very accepting of newcomers.

Lo and behold,I liked this support forum well enough to accept a position to help keep us on top.

As far as other forms of social media go,I have no use for them because I have established a home here that satisfies my every need.

No you don't need to create a server. Just send me a dm. Or send me your full username (it will have a # and numbers with it).
Wow, I forgot all about this post for a little while there; I was wondering for a while why my username wasn't coming up... and then I realized I'd never actually verified the account. :rolleyes:

My username is Spotty01#5253 if you still want to add me on there. Forgive me but I seem to have lost the post telling me what your username was somewhere in the catacombs of this thread. It's just one of those days. :confused:

Quick update regarding WrongPlanet.

I verified my account earlier today and, so far, I seem to just be getting ignored (then again, I was here too when my account was only a few minutes old). However, there's one different between WP and AC that kinda stands out to me: at the top of the AspiesCentral page, if you're still a brand-new user, there's this notification. I forget the exact words, but it directs you to the introductory threads to post and tell the site a little about yourself. It makes you feel welcomed, it makes you feel like you're in a comfortable environment.

WrongPlanet, however, does not, and the lack of something like that (or even a specific section for introductory posts) makes me feel a little... I dunno, "unwanted"? Maybe? It's like 'you can make an introductory post, or you don't, we don't really care'. This is probably just me nitpicking, though I have heard that "veteran users" of WP can be very unwelcoming to newbies. I dunno, we'll see, I guess.

I'll try to keep this thread regularly updated as I go through my journey on another planet... the Wrong Planet! ...Okay, that joke was lame.

That is all.

Facebook. I just use it to keep in touch with a few friends, most of them I know from real life and most of them I can't be with physically even though I still want them as friends.

New Threads

Top Bottom