• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you ever feel anxiety and dread about seeing a new movie?

GrownupGirl

Tempermental Artist
Have you ever put off seeing a movie, even though you've heard that it's really good and it looks like a movie you'd enjoy seeing simply because you feel anxiety at just the thought of having to give it your undivided attention for at *least* an hour and a half? That's how I've felt for years. There are at least a couple of animated movies that I want to watch soon, but I just keep putting it off and finding other things to do.

Sometimes I wish I could just read the books based on the movies instead, but it's really not the same.

I've done that for so long that it turns out I just don't really watch movies or television!

No, I haven't; but I do wait until its dark, and I do wait until I have eaten, and have prepared drinks and snacks and treats and tissues ready, so I can sit and enjoy the movie/anime, and snack, and cry, and sip hot/cold chocolate without needing to do anything that would bring me too much out of my imagination, so I can keep the full amount of feelings, the magic of empathetic connection with the fictional characters and the spell of having the mind transported into a fictional world. That could be five and a half hours for a twelve episode anime, and the first time is the best, and it cost some money, so it's worth waiting until I have things prepared to make it the best experience it can be.

New Threads

Top Bottom