• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

do you dress differently to express yourself?

Tanya

spirit gardener
I like to look different, because I think differently. For example I ordered a pink wig online lol. Being different is a luxury I allow myself because it allows the artist in me to be.

That's neat! You sound creative and expressive. You must have some fascinating outfits!

Appearances mean nothing to me, so I just wear clean, functional clothing. I am usually unaware of what I have on. Sometimes I am not aware of if I have pants on, or shoes, and have gone outside without. :tongueout:

upload_2015-11-28_22-27-42.jpeg

I like to express myself through what I wear and I especially like expressing it through makeup which is actually one of my interests,I usually wear things that are girly or with cartoons on it since I like cartoons,I also love doing different makeup looks especially with eyeshadows I usually go for colourful shades like purple.blue,greens and pinks but I also like smoky shades,I am also like doing more vintage looks like red lips and winged eyeliner.

I like to look different, because I think differently. For example I ordered a pink wig online lol. Being different is a luxury I allow myself because it allows the artist in me to be.
I have always dressed differently, deliberately. It seems very creepy to me to think that most people want to dress to some degree alike. Often when I am out in public I suddenly realize that everyone around me is dressed according to the same formula, except for me. When this happens, I feel simultaneously anxious and powerful. It helps me to identify places where I shouldn't linger, because I am likely to feel overwhelmed if I stay too long there.

At present, I like to wear: soft t-shirts, gathered skirts or loose jeans, linen pinafore aprons (practical both in my art studio and the biology lab), fleece leggings, bulky sweaters and socks, clogs. My mother would say I look like a refugee :)

[E="Warmheart, post: 269164, member: 12056"]That's neat! You sound creative and expressive. You must have some fascinating outfits!

Appearances mean nothing to me, so I just wear clean, functional clothing. I am usually unaware of what I have on. Sometimes I am not aware of if I have pants on, or shoes, and have gone outside without. :tongueout:

View attachment 22063[/QUOTE]

Haha that must have been funny, as long as its not winter, you might get a chill lol

="Adora, post: 269165, member: 13181"]I like to express myself through what I wear and I especially like expressing it through makeup which is actually one of my interests,I usually wear things that are girly or with cartoons on it since I like cartoons,I also love doing different makeup looks especially with eyeshadows I usually go for colourful shades like purple.blue,greens and pinks but I also like smoky shades,I am also like doing more vintage looks like red lips and winged eyeliner.[/QUOTE

Makeup can be fun. I wear it daily. I wish I was more of a natural beauty though. But makeup gives you more options with your look

I have always dressed differently, deliberately. It seems very creepy to me to think that most people want to dress to some degree alike. Often when I am out in public I suddenly realize that everyone around me is dressed according to the same formula, except for me. When this happens, I feel simultaneously anxious and powerful. It helps me to identify places where I shouldn't linger, because I am likely to feel overwhelmed if I stay too long there.

At present, I like to wear: soft t-shirts, gathered skirts or loose jeans, linen pinafore aprons (practical both in my art studio and the biology lab), fleece leggings, bulky sweaters and socks, clogs. My mother would say I look like a refugee :)

You know you are right, it IS creepy that everyone wants to dress the same!

The way I dress drpends on how I feel that day but I only wear skinny or slim fit jeans baggy jeans drive me crazy at the moment im wearing my favorite band Deafheavens t shirt black jeans and black vans its all gotta be black

The way I dress drpends on how I feel that day but I only wear skinny or slim fit jeans baggy jeans drive me crazy at the moment im wearing my favorite band Deafheavens t shirt black jeans and black vans its all gotta be black

Why the black?

I dress for comfort. I do not care if it is in style, different from everyone else or the same as everyone else. If it is comfortable, I will wear it.

I love to wear hats and my hair is always different from everyone else!!! Everything else I keep the same tshirt, sweatshirt, jeans and tennis shoes because it's the most comfortable!

I have never dressed for any reasons other than my own comfort.I hate wearing monkey suits aka formal wear.

I can be found in blue jeans,steel toe work boots and a black pocket T-shirt most days unless my duty as the self-proclaimed Mayor of Aspieville calls for more formal attire :p
https://www.aspiescentral.com/media/the-mayor-of-aspieville.5161/

I started wearing the black Ts many years ago because I can get quite dirty as my day goes on. The only way to stain one is to get white paint on it and they still look presentable :D

I always wear black jeans, and two necklaces: one is a carven view of a wolf from the front, and the other is a circle with a wolfhead howling at a crescent moon. When I go out, I make sure to have on a shirt with a picture of a wolf or other predator on it. I prefer them to be black, but it's not always available.

So, yes?

I love to wear hats and my hair is always different from everyone else!!! Everything else I keep the same tshirt, sweatshirt, jeans and tennis shoes because it's the most comfortable!
Ooh, I like to wear hats too, but not to be different. It's because I look really damn good in a flatcap!

I dress differently than the other girls on my campus. I don't wear jewelry. I don't wear skirts. I don't use cosmetics (except for lotion, I hate my eczema). I also don't use hairspray. All of that stuff makes me feel unnatural and uncomfortable. The last time I wore make up was a year and a half ago when my mom forced me to for senior pictures. I felt like a dress up doll wearing that stuff.

for me that depends on if I need to make an impression or not. At home no, I wear what's comfortable and practical but, in public, you can be assured that whatever I wear will make a statement, probably one that should be labeled "NSFW" but, that's my image so, I have to do it and, if I'm performing that day, my statement has to be very bold.

I have always been really opinionated about the clothes I wear, and a deep and abiding love of fashion has come out of that.

I used to dress really flamboyantly, which was a lot of fun, but occasionally uncomfortable when I would realize that some people thought I looked strange.

Now I'm a little bit more conservative in my dress, but I put a lot of effort into being sharp and put-together. My mom thinks I should tone it down, that if I was a little bit more sloppy I'd be more approachable, but I can't stand not dressing well. I'm very self-conscious when what I'm wearing doesn't meet my standards.

I still like to dress unusually or wear things that other people would never consider wearing. My purse is a triangle and recently I've been really into silk scarves, because I never see anyone wearing silk scarves and they're so pretty.

[QITE="CiJo, post: 269578, member: 14300"]I have always been really opinionated about the clothes I wear, and a deep and abiding love of fashion has come out of that.

I used to dress really flamboyantly, which was a lot of fun, but occasionally uncomfortable when I would realize that some people thought I looked strange.

Now I'm a little bit more conservative in my dress, but I put a lot of effort into being sharp and put-together. My mom thinks I should tone it down, that if I was a little bit more sloppy I'd be more approachable, but I can't stand not dressing well. I'm very self-conscious when what I'm wearing doesn't meet my standards.

I still like to dress unusually or wear things that other people would never consider wearing. My purse is a triangle and recently I've been really into silk scarves, because I never see anyone wearing silk scarves and they're so pretty.[/QUOTE]

I'm the opposite to you, I feel self conscious when I'm too dressed up. I tend to dress casually but in clothes that are a bit different. But when Iwas a little younger I used to dye my hair punk colours.

New Threads

Top Bottom