• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dating relationship help with autism

Exactly!!! We flirted with each other so much that his older brother noticed it and said something about it to my dad. His mother never noticed or so she claims!!!
My dad even told Will’s mother that he was ok with us dating.His mom liked to twist it around. She said my dad was not ok with it so there for we should go our own separate ways. I should leave her son alone until I worked out my problems with my dad and if i got them worked out then to have my dad call her!!
How messed up is that? Now the only way to get myself through this separation is to pretend inside my head that Im actually with him and we are a couple, Lame I know!!!

No, they never lied about it.

He was arrested and sent to detention centers and he was in and out of them because of his mom. She would purposely get him angry to the point you can consider it violent behavior. Once he would act on it due to anger then she would have him arrested. His mom does not know how to handle a person who is autistic, to her you should still think and process everything the same way as somebody who isn't on the spectrum.

You are right his mom loves drama, manipulating, and to be self serving. Its all about how she feels and can care less about everybody else’s feelings and desires.

Ultimately, who you date should be your decision and same to the person you are dating.
Will's mother wants "the best" for her son. So parents will sometimes care and consider every single little thing to a T. She doesn't necessarily love drama, but maybe wants to control her son too much and that adds drama as a result technically. . .

When you mention that Will's mom "does not know how to handle a person with autistic", be careful how and if you say this. If you want to be a good relationship partner for someone else, re-phrase and aim for things where you can be your own person despite extreme social differences. As long as what you're doing doesn't overly impose on others, then no one should complain. Will needs to be able to determine these things on his own, and it sounds like he has a controlling mother, which I can understand. While his mother may have some good reason to be controlling and overly nurturing, Will is presumedly an adult now and she needs to be able to let go much more now.

Does Will's mother support him, even indirectly? You may not know but this is likely a factor.

Maybe. All I know is this lady thrives on drama. She does not care about his physical, mental, and emotional needs. She does not want what is best for her child. She only cares about herself and herself alone. She is the type of person who does not want to care and take care of another person. She wants everybody else to take care of her. (73 years old)

She has separated Will and I twice. She tells me that if I jump through all of these hoops before I can date her son. I have jumped through all of her hoops that she wanted me to do and the answer is still no or changes with more hoops that I need to jump through.

She even told me that I had broken her trust and when I have asked to clarify what I did specifically and there is no response or answer that she can give me.

I think this is all one big mind game to make me feel like I was in the wrong when I did not do anything wrong. According to her mentally handicapped daughter, I lost her mom’s trust when the first separation had happened.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom