• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Conspiracy Theories In The Entertainment Business

Riley

Don't worry guys. This isn't a Tinfoil-Hat deal. Just theories behind the best and the worst television has to offer. Sit back, relax, and listen:

• Teen Titans Go! and DC Superhero Girls were made to wipe out any older DC fans to make the company more 'kid friendly.' The execs of the former are zealots who intend to finish what Joel Schumacher started: A type of DC Universe only for little kids. And the execs of the latter are Barbie-generation females, who want 'proper young ladies' instead of the tomboys they perceive our generation to be.
  • Ryan Murphy got his inspiration for Season 3 of American Horror Story and Scream Queens (The show in general) from The House Of Night and The Clique, respectively. One day, he read books from each series, thought they were horrible, and BAM! He fixed them.
  • It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia had a MAJOR impact on sitcoms without it knowing. Disney and Cartoon Network decided to follow in their footsteps, but in a kid-friendly way.
  • Disney is virtually incapable of doing anything out of their comfort zone. Which includes same-sex relationships, genuinely kind/caring characters, or respect for geeks/nerds/other races.

Tell me more about the Always Sunny theory, I've not heard it and I don't watch Disney or Cartoon Network to see how the show has influenced them.

The only entertainment business conspiracy theories I know are the crazy ones like Miley Cyrus and Paul McCartney being dead and replaced with doubles.

I also read that the Ghostbusters reboot was made as a tax scheme including lying about the budget and other expenses so it can be written off as a loss and even make the studio money. Considering how many people lost their jobs over that blunder of a movie I'm going to assume the theory is false and the movie really was a failure.

Riley

How are any of the things you list a plot/scheme/plan to commit a harmful
or illegal action? That is what a conspiracy is.

Riley

How are any of the things you list a plot/scheme/plan to commit a harmful
or illegal action? That is what a conspiracy is.

True enough. I suppose it would have been better to mention such things under the guise of "misconceptions in entertainment".

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia reached a pretty good amount of fame. Maybe from Danny DeVito starring in it. Maybe from how hilariously dark it can get. Either way, regular Disney Channel decided to try and imitate the feel. Only...Only Disney Channel's made up of virgins who would get a heart attack from a Tim Burton movie. They couldn't risk going as dark as Sunny without the same outcry as the Good Luck Charlie incident.
Garrett was meant to be a HighSchool!Dennis, Logan was going to be Charlie, Lindy their Dee, and Delia as Mac.

And then the yahoos at Cartoon Network thought dark, sometimes offensive comedy would make DC great again.

The only entertainment business conspiracy theories I know are the crazy ones like Miley Cyrus and Paul McCartney being dead and replaced with doubles.

I heard the same thing about Avril Lavigne. Why do people dream up these silly stories?

There are two types of Crazy People: Fun crazies and rude crazies. The latter are the people who cry 'child abuse' at one of America's biggest tragedies and threaten the parents.

New Threads

Top Bottom