• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cherished Memories

Vanilla

Your friendly neighbourhood hedgehog
V.I.P Member
Hi all :)

I don't know about everyone else, but from time to time, I find myself thinking of the past. Sometimes it's good, and sometimes it's bad. Sometimes it's the littlest things, which meant nothing at the time, and sometimes it meant everything in the world to you. Sometimes I remember something that happened during my childhood years, and sometimes it's simply something memorable that occurred just the other day; yet I can't stop myself from thinking about it. Occasionally though, there's no one to share these thoughts with.

I thought I'd start this thread for anyone wanting to share a memory of their past, which they hold close to their heart. It can be sweet, awkward, funny, or perhaps even a little sad; any cherished memory, which you've deemed worthy of holding on to. One that can often cause you to get lost in your thoughts, while you you sit there, smiling to yourself.

image.jpg

I remember when I was a kid, I used to look up to my dad all the time. He was a very intelligent man, which made him a little intimidating to me, but he was gentle, and kind; even if a little withdrawn (a typical Aspie).

Whenever I found his glasses lying around, I would put them on, and run off to play with them. Sometimes I would look myself in the mirror, and look at my reflection over the rim of his reading glasses; which is how he would look at people he was speaking to.

Sometimes I'd sit in his large leather chair in his home office, and pretend I was an important business person, working away on some very important business, or use the space underneath his desk as a fort, which I could feel safe under.

Nice thread, I also enjoy thinking about the past, I also listen to songs and watch cartoons to remember the feelings, the ambient, even places I never went to. I used to do the same thing with my dad's glasses, haha. Then I needed to use glasses :p.

When I was younger, I watched Nickelodeon all day long, I remember the cartoons, the orange splat. There was also a bumper that used to scare me, where there was a weird black face telling things. I was about 2 or 3 years old, and every time I saw this, I ran to my mother.

I remember when I was about 7, I began to use the Youtube, it was 2006 or 2007. There was nice videos about Nickelodeon and all the bumpers. I used to pass all day long watching things about Nickelodeon Studios and other like Closing Logos (I still do this).

So much memories that I can't tell them without making a huge text :p

Last edited:
i never had a childhood and when I see my 8 year old sister and her amazing life, and all my younger neighbors around me I get sad. like nobody my age is around me and I dont know how to meet anyone Im an Fa trapped in this world of young people

I remember when I was younger, Christmas each year used to have this magical, soft feeling around me, especially if it would snow on the same day. I think I sort of used to care more about the overall atmosphere of it more than the presents at one point. I think my presents as a child were usually books, sometimes game consoles (my favourite being the Nintendo Gamecube) and Art equipment. I think that the important of presents is how much they mean to you rather than how valuable or how much they cost.

But as I get older, however, the atmosphere of that glorious day begins to drift away. I'm 16 right now and I did feel happiness last Christmas but it wasn't as memorable or effective as before. I kind of lost all excitement and nearly all interest of the holiday now. I'm pretty sure most people here feel the same way lol

I remember a day when I was about nine years old, and my father was going to travel a few cities away by train, to purchase a new family car. Out of his nine children, I was chosen to accompany him. For the trip, I was given a brand new dress and shoes, and taken to have breakfast at a diner before we took the train. At the train station, I was allowed to choose three kinds of candy to eat on the train, and he bought me two new books to read as well. This day was particularly special to me, since we didn't have a lot of extra money, and with so many kids around we were rarely singled out for treats like that. When we reached the city where the cars were being sold, we picked out a car together and rode back home in it. This was one of my fondest memories.

Well, my most favorite memories are (in order):
1. My girlfriend asking me to date her -2013
2. Me spray-painting a turtle yellow -2011
...yeah... I don't have many cherished memories D:

I always think about the past to learn from my mistakes and do better next time. I use it to make sense of people in my life. Also since I don't like most modern things, I think of the past and watch older shows that I enjoy more than newer ones. Most importantly, thinking of the past helped me make more sense of my autism.

I like old movies too, Penguin! I like viewing them because they remind me of an older, safer time (in my mind, anyway). i also like modern movies, but find the older ones more relaxing. I like cars from the 1940's, and fashions from that time frame, too.r

I think an amazing memory of mine would have to be the year I moved into a special class. :D

There I found, much like this website, a very safe environment. And by 'safe', I mean as in, I could really come out of my shell and be me without any negative teasing and bullying holding me back. :)

And when I look back now, I think I've gotten stronger as a result of that support. :D I rarely get teased or judged negatively these days, and when I do, I've learned to ignore that. :)

And judging by how I can lift 7.5 pound weights, I feel like no one would want to go on my bad side anyways. :p

I remember the first guy I had a real crush on. When I hear certain songs, his memory will often come back with such force that it'll make me cry.

My Father taking me hunting for the first time, we didn't 'hunt' anything that day. It was an excuse for my Father to show me paths in the woods, how animals camouflaged themselves, which tracks in the sand and mud belonged to what animal. How to walk silently on a woodland path, which mushrooms and berries were edible. It was an entire beautiful autumn morning and I was about eight years old. I've never forgotten the lessons of that day, the sun, the smells and happiness on my Father's face in his true element.

A cherished memory is my first tournament win in '04. I won by five strokes & I felt like I could take on the world and win!

1. Near the end of my public school career, one of my best match teachers (Who I'll call "Glinda") decided to help me achieve a goal: To be in the school talent show. She let me come over to her house to practice. It was because of Glinda I had cinnamon buns for the first time; And loved them. I made friends with her little granddaughter. And the talent performance itself? I rocked it. My mom was there to watch and my step-niece filmed the whole thing.
  2. I had an aide who's been with me forever. She taught me how to be polite and acted as one of many influences on my good side. Nowadays, she's the first lady of our sleepy little town (Her husband's the mayor). I'm proud to have known her.
  3. There was an eight-grade prom and, at first, I wasn't sure I wanted to go. Mainly because my family couldn't get me a dress. Three girls, who knew me and my outbursts, offered to help me not only get ready, but to take me to this dance. Mom shot down the idea, but I still remember.
  4. Remember the Mayor's Wife I mentioned? Her "twin" (A VERY beautiful woman) invited me to her wedding. Caught the bouquet, wore rhinestone jeans...Good night, I should say. I was also invited to that church's Halloween function.
  5. One of the girls who offered to help me with prom also suggested I read Hush, Hush. I refused, at first, citing my desire to finish The Mortal Instruments. When I finally finished, I read Becca Fitzpatrick's book as a way of fulfilling a promise.
  6. I had a reading teacher who LOVED my brother. And, as such, loved me.
  7. I once had a friend I was borderline obsessed with. We constantly played together at recess. She told me Grimm fairytales. And told me the ending of Goblet Of Fire when I merely asked for what chapter Bellatrix appeared in.
  8. Another friend of mine shared with me a love of The Simpsons. She even made a homemade board game.

thinking about my poor dog she had a toy plastic carrot who had a funny little face i called it Mr carrot and burble to jay my dog about Mr carrot jay died from cancer of the heart 7 years ago nearly :':)':)':)':)':)':)'(

the wrong emoji appeared wanted heartbroken
Hi all :)

I don't know about everyone else, but from time to time, I find myself thinking of the past. Sometimes it's good, and sometimes it's bad. Sometimes it's the littlest things, which meant nothing at the time, and sometimes it meant everything in the world to you. Sometimes I remember something that happened during my childhood years, and sometimes it's simply something memorable that occurred just the other day; yet I can't stop myself from thinking about it. Occasionally though, there's no one to share these thoughts with.

I thought I'd start this thread for anyone wanting to share a memory of their past, which they hold close to their heart. It can be sweet, awkward, funny, or perhaps even a little sad; any cherished memory, which you've deemed worthy of holding on to. One that can often cause you to get lost in your thoughts, while you you sit there, smiling to yourself.

View attachment 7917

Another fond memory was a summer when I had a love affair with the boy who lived down the street from me. We lived near the shore, and I have put together a music list of all the songs that were playing that summer, and written a short story and submitted to a contest about it. Even today I get a big smile on my face and shiver at the memory. Those were the days....Sigh.

New Threads

Top Bottom