• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Celtic Roots!

AspieOtaku

Leader of the otaku legion!
I did a recent geneaology and DNA Test and found out i am mostly Welsh and Irish on both sides, so in a sense i am a Celt pure blooded and proud, this welsh folk song has inspired me
What is realy cool is that my ancesters were a force to be reconned with and gave the Romans nightmares for over 500 years.http://www.ancientmilitary.com/celtic-warriors.htm Yep those are my ancestors and I am a living descendant!

My Father's great grandfather came from Ireland,so I'm half Irish :fourleaf::tigerface:
Doesn't that make you an eighth Irish not a half.
My parents did in depth study as to our roots and family history One half of my family came to England from Ireland following the Irish potato famine and ended up in Newcastle and later Grantham, the other half came down to England from Scotland (hence my Scottish last name) earlier during the English civil war as part of the Scottish army that took Newcastle for the parliamentary side and eventually ended up in Doncaster, however I would never claim to be Scottish or Irish as in the hundreds of years since my family have become English with much breeding with the locals. In the UK many/most people have celtic roots but they also have a multitude of others like Anglo saxon, viking, French etc. Humans are all a big mix and a melting pot and it's the same basically wherever you come from. My grandma is also German but once again despite germanic roots I'd never claim to be German.

I did a genetic ancestry test and my ancestry was overwhelmingly finno-ugric (not sure of exact spelling), with my biggest matches in Finland. I have no idea where that came from, some of the Normans were apparently of Finnish ethnic background so that is the only explanation. From genealogical research I know that I have some Irish ancestors who came to England in the 1840s, some lowland Scottish, some Northern Irish who originally came from the Scottish highlands, then moved to New Zealand before coming here, Gypsies (and I got Indian tribal region as a low level match on my DNA test), and way back on one branch of my mum's family they go back to the Moors of Spain, various royal houses of Europe, the high kings of Ireland etc. Weirdly, considering my love of Denmark, I had zero Danish matches on the DNA test but if I recall correctly I don't think they had any Danish population samples at the time only Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish ones in that part of the world. Would be interesting to repeat it now. I also want to get my dad to do it, as the Y chromosome is not found in females and I want to find out about the male side of my dad's family. My mum has no living male blood relatives who share a direct male ancestor with her.

I did a genetic ancestry test and my ancestry was overwhelmingly finno-ugric (not sure of exact spelling), with my biggest matches in Finland. I have no idea where that came from, some of the Normans were apparently of Finnish ethnic background so that is the only explanation. From genealogical research I know that I have some Irish ancestors who came to England in the 1840s, some lowland Scottish, some Northern Irish who originally came from the Scottish highlands, then moved to New Zealand before coming here, Gypsies (and I got Indian tribal region as a low level match on my DNA test), and way back on one branch of my mum's family they go back to the Moors of Spain, various royal houses of Europe, the high kings of Ireland etc. Weirdly, considering my love of Denmark, I had zero Danish matches on the DNA test but if I recall correctly I don't think they had any Danish population samples at the time only Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish ones in that part of the world. Would be interesting to repeat it now. I also want to get my dad to do it, as the Y chromosome is not found in females and I want to find out about the male side of my dad's family. My mum has no living male blood relatives who share a direct male ancestor with her.
see we are all a massive mix of all sorts, that's a very impressive list though, very interesting, you're making me want to do my own DNA test haha. im sure you'd have some Danish if you did it now and they had Danish samples as a large proportion of the Vikings in the north of England were from Denmark hence the time of Dane law, so most brits will have some.

My Welsh Ancestors formerly known as the Britons fought alongside Bouticca warrior Queen! They managed to kick Rome out a few times until the final battle. Long live the Celts, be proud e strong we are all warriors! Men and women alike!

Last edited:
We are Celts, we are warriors and we must stay strong and be proud and not let our culture die off, this is our culture, we are tribal and pure warriors! As a descendant be proud never be ashamed, know that you were once a warrior who wnet to battle to appease the gods! Keep the culture alive, the true culture, not the stereotypes of always being drunk and herding sheep! You Are more than that a warrior, Irish, Scottish, Welsh etc embrace your tribal roots! Be strong, let the strong blood run through you! In a way Orcs are enspired by our celtic culture which is kinda cool!Orcs are fiction of course but in the movies like lord of the rings they like the Celts sound the war horns and wear body paint and go to battle and behead their enemies and use them as trophies, in a way we are the closest things to orcs but we have honor! We live for battle and freedom! Not the stereotype of always being drunk and chasing lepercauns! Even the Vikings could not fully take out the Irish and even batle ensued for a long time, over time the vikings admired the Irish and trades were made and over many other generations intermingling was done to the point the same vikings became Irish themselves! Dublin FTW! The Celts live on to this day, the Romans although conquored the UK for some time were unable to move further north due to the harsh land scape and the Scottish and the Irish lived on a few surviving a few Welsh as well! The last 3 main remaining Celts alive today are the Irish, Scotts and Welsh.

Last edited:
My-key8oard-is-8roken-so-forgi>e-the-spelling-8ut-the-Celts-were-originally-from-central-Europe-not-Ireland-or-Scotland
we-simply-adopted-the-Celtic-identity-through-trading-cultural-exchange.-the-true-Celts-are-the-modern-day-Austrians-and-Swiss

New Threads

Top Bottom