• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspies: What Upsets You?

This ad

Screen shot 2016-01-08 at 17.31.32.png

The title tells it all, what are your triggers and other things that bother you?

I have many things that bother me, but some examples are:
-The smell and texture of cat food. ABSOLUTELY HATE IT, but I own cats and that makes my encounters with it unavoidable
-When people touch my possessions or drawings. To better explain what I mean for the second one, if I'm drawing something, and somebody else decides to add something to it, or better yet, tries erasing it, I become very furious.
-More texture issues, this time with soggy food. Not as in eating it (although that isn't exactly my favorite either), but if I accidentally touch like a cold stew in the process of pouring it in a bowl, or dirty dishes, I freak out.
-Stores, and other large places. Easy to get lost in (as a minor, this is a huge concern to know where my parent is) and are generally loud, busy places.

So, what's yours?
I agree. Those are triggers for me as well. I also hate small talk and loud things. Stores for me are too overwhelming because of the sights and sounds. I survive though. With help I can go shopping. Usually my mom or dad goes with me.

Internet trolling, just because I can't work does NOT mean I am a "Spacker" (WTF does that word even mean anyway?).

Last edited:
I hate when people who know less about a subject than I do start implying that I'm wrong, and then I let it go because being right isn't worth losing the friendship, and then later the person would hold it against me in a unrelated conversation where they sense a potential argument coming in (i.e., "Remember the last time you were wrong and I was right"?).

When a teacher thinks (thinks but with no proof) a couple students cheated on a test that they all studied hard for and punishes the whole class by making them write an essay on cheating. (This actually happened a week ago in a math class some people I know are in)

When a company advertises that they have THE best trade in prices, when in actual fact another local game shop does better prices.

And they won't give me a cash trade in without 2 forms of ID, WTF?!

And they won't give me a cash trade in without 2 forms of ID, WTF?!

You should try to sell gold in Nevada. They don't wait for multiple forms of id. They simply take your fingerprint on keep it on file for the perusal of law enforcement.

Same reasoning as games...they want to discourage criminals from selling stolen or fraudulent merchandise. Fencing stolen computer games is big business.

Just another sign of the times. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You should try to sell gold in Nevada. They don't wait for multiple forms of id. They simply take your fingerprint on keep it on file for the perusal of law enforcement.

Same reasoning as games...they want to discourage criminals from selling stolen or fraudulent merchandise. Fencing stolen computer games is big business.

Just another sign of the times. :rolleyes:

I know, but I bought it from Game last Friday, their staff served me.

Honestly, pay minimum wage, get jobsworths who enforce the letter of the law, nothing in between.

I know, but I bought it from Game last Friday, their staff served me.

Honestly, pay minimum wage, get jobsworths who enforce the letter of the law, nothing in between.

Yeah, that's bad if you actually had the original receipt to begin with. But yeah, letter of the law...no exceptions. I know that drill. Sucks, but it is what it is...

I'm still pissed about being fingerprinted just to make a gold transaction.

People being patronising or condescending or treating me like I am stupid

When you reach out to others about your issues and they treat them as though they are trivial or unimportant or worse still give no reaction at all

People misunderstanding my meanings or intentions (they usually come from me wanting to help)

Injustice particularly when it concerns animals and animal cruelty is a BIG trigger for me- wind me up and watch me rant.

When people get angry at me for conveying things to them in writing because I find it hard to do so verbally

Balloons. As a kid I enjoyed tapping them around (don’t let it touch the floor kind of game) but I have always hated the sound of them popping. It really, really upsets me to the point where if I am somewhere there are balloons I will have to leave the vicinity or I become extremely anxious and hypersensitive. I can’t even begin to understand why anyone would enjoy popping them “for fun”. Actually, just writing about it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.

Idiots on the UK section of gamefaqs.com flaming me for being unemployed, and calling me Dick.

I swear these people are morons, I can't help being out of work, it is not my fault or problem that nobody will employ a 41 year old disabled Aspie in Sheffield, England.

Do you ****ing see?! Also, just because the word Dick is a really old fashioned way of shortening the name Richard, they insist on calling me that word, usually followed by the word Head, every time they do it I mark them for trolling, but the useless Moderators don't do anything.

These people seriously need to GTFO my face, I am done with gaming boards, they are all populated by people who are borderline retarded.

When my next door neighbor keeps revving their @#%@ engine every hour. And when my downstairs neighbors keep slamming a door. Each time it makes me jump out of my skin and then I want to hurt someone! Such is the malady called Misophonia! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The fat and bones on meat gross me out badly. MAkes me want to spit it out on the spot and that's awkward in restaurants.
I just don't like certain words in the English language like feet and meat. I'm just weird that way

I'll just list them as i think about them. Some of them make me instantly freak out provided i'm not around my parents - at which point i'll merely whine and make a face and make someone else help me. Others only provoke me if i didn't get enough sleep the night before.

1) One thing that is sure to upset me very quickly is my laptop not working like i want it to, or the internet being slow.

2) Also, anything small on top of a lack of sleep can prove meltdown worthy. I literally only have them when i haven't had much sleep long term.

3) Unpleasant textures will bother me as well. Dirty dishes, anything remotely soggy or sticky or whatnot. Not freak out worthy like the last two, it just irritates me and immediately puts me off, but i will stop whatever i am doing to wipe off or wash my hands including ringing up a customer at work (i work as a cashier part time). MICROFIBER CLOTHS ARE THE WORST. I do actually make a face at those...people buy them and cause i work as a cashier, i have to touch them. If i'm bothered enough i'll literally only pick it up by the tag so i don't have to touch the cloth part.

4) My environment not being picked up and tidy. This usually only bothers me if i'm tired, hungry, or overloaded but its provoked meltdowns before. More than once. Its like my mind is cluttered enough as it is being tired or overwhelmed and the place being messy just doubles my mind's feeling cluttered and sets me off right then and there. I restrain myself at work though....all i really do at work to vent it is hit the register or hit the buttons on the register as hard as i possibly can. Which probably gets looks but oh well.

I hate Microfiber cloths!! I have them at work as well, just thinking about them is making me shiver....

I love microfiber to dust with. However from a tactile perspective I pay a price for it. A cloth with two sides I consider to be bad and worse. :eek:

With a serious "Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" factor. o_O

Reading articles online and then seeing all the uninformed, childish, and idiotic responses in the comments section. I ignore them most of the time, but sometimes you just can't.

Also, the constant negative news feed from the mass media of daily events that take place in the world. There is good and bad in the world, but media loves the bad. The constant negative feed can negatively impact the mental health of people. It creates a feeling of helplessness, b/c people cannot control what happens halfway across the world. I need to do a better job of limiting my exposure to the constant feed.

New Threads

Top Bottom