• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie Conversations

So ... is this type of conversation typical for aspies?

I now find myself wondering if I'm equally annoying to NTs when I talk to them.

To bring this back to what I think are the original two questions (quoted above): I know for a fact that I do this quite frequently to NT's. However, thru experience / repeated frustration / lots of trial-and-error, I've conditioned myself at failed attempt #2, to simply apologize and walk away no matter what it is. If whomever I'm dealing with is vested somehow in the situation and actually cares, my apology then gives them an avenue to change the communication approach so we avoid repeating ourselves, but if they don't care, I know that I'm far better off not pissing them off and then either 1) Doing without, or 2) Finding an alternative method to find the 'bag' or whatever it is that I'm looking for.........

-And I'm glad you didn't quit the forum DC1346. I enjoy how detail oriented & passionate your posts and replies always are :)

5a6512a1dd9bdee05ef97622402c6030.jpg

You presume too much.

I was going to quit this site but within the last 24 hours, 3 people have asked me not to leave and to simply block you.

I will not stoop to making a personal attack of my own. I will simply follow the advice I was given and block you.

You presume too much.

I was going to quit this site but within the last 24 hours, 3 people have asked me not to leave and to simply block you.

I will not stoop to making a personal attack of my own. I will simply follow the advice I was given and block you.

Mate one of our aspie traits is that we just say our truth and it often comes out in a way that offends people
I have this problem. I think that is all Suzanne was trying to do and I have found her comments helpful so don't shut the door
as she did make the effort to try and help you. Speaking for myself I can be quite blunt but its just that I don't filter my honesty whereas NT's know how to do that

I read Suzanne's comments in the same manner. She gave me a slant on it I had not considered. I can learn from her comments!

As for the original post, I saw myself in the Sp Ed teacher. My brain works at super speed and a conversation in my mind is finished before I've uttered a word. And I have an incomplete PhD, so my case isn't language difficulties per se, but a huge gully between brain processing speed and my klutzy body not working in unison.

New Threads

Top Bottom