• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Asperger's & crying.

2013 has been the worst and most depressing year since my birth for me, I've cried in it more than any other year (except maybe baby years of course). Bearing in mind I never cry for other people or when someone's upset, I never cry at events like 9/11 or someone's death, it's mainly due to personal depression.

I cry all the time, for very poor reasons, and once I start I can't stop for hours. I had been crying for at least an hour after I had to put down a healthy young cat that I loved (she was constantly abusive to my other cats ad essentially unadoptable). My emotional agony was just escalating while I drove 15 miles to home in a terrible snow storm. It occurred to me to try screaming and I screamed three times with such emotion and volume that I surprised myself. I actually did feel a little better after screaming. I have never felt the need to scream since then, and that was a year ago. I guess tears aren't the only way to vent and I suggest you find a place where you can't be heard and scream until you feel better. Good luck.

2013 has been the worst and most depressing year since my birth for me, I've cried in it more than any other year (except maybe baby years of course). Bearing in mind I never cry for other people or when someone's upset, I never cry at events like 9/11 or someone's death, it's mainly due to personal depression.
I'm really sorry SUM1 :unhappy:

5 times per year and that is for no reason? hmmm.. I also cry a lot. Like thrice a week, I think. Because I have so much to worry and life is damn stressing me out.

I'm a total crybaby. I'm an extremely emotional person, so even watching movies I get choked up. I especially cry when I don't want to. If I get yelled at by my dad, which is the time I most want to be a hardass with no emotions. Also when I'm shocked.
The only time I can't cry is basically the most appropriate time to cry- funerals. I'm way too overwhelmed by them and being surrounded by people to cry. Even though crying is involuntary, it's also very private to me since it's an emotional release. So I can't just cry at a funeral or death. Most of the time I cry, I'm alone unless it's because of the shock factor.

I am really sensitive and will cry when being yelled at. Or sometimes when my hormones fluctuate (lady time) or something. And a couple of movies/television shows/books have made me cry too. But I never cry at funerals or when something truly sad happens.

It used to be hard has all hell for me to cry..yet now im stsrting to tear up at the smallest thing =.= damn you prozac.
On a more serious note: the few times in my life that ive actually cried..usually where driven more by anger/rage if it comes from a person/event or saddness if im listening to certain types of music

My dad who is Asperger's crys at things that seem injust to him that he can relate to. Like MLK Jr. stuff turn his sockets into faucets if you get my drift. I find what personally gets me to cry is well also if I feel I am being treated unjustly but if like I'm told to be quite or that I'm being rude by interrupting or talking too much (this gets my dad too) it strikes me deep because I'm just like- I already learned this sh*t. I already made a huge effing effort to learn how to be social and polite and here is this jerkoff trying to tell me I'm a bad person for just being who I am. Why can't it just come naturally to me like other people? Why do I try and get shat on anyway? Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Last edited:
I cry, but not in public. Not around people, not if I can help it. And nowadays I can help it.

I often go the roundabout way, though, of reliving my worst memories when alone, but I'll make it about someone else. I've tried to relive them directly, and it just makes me panic, but it won't make me emotional, I just feel cold. So when I in my daymares "relive" things, I'll end up imagining crying, and that never fails to make me cry.

On the whole I kinda wish I were slightly psychopathic and just didn't care enough to get traumatised.

I almost never cry, the only cases I cry nowadays are when I get out of control ("fury explosions"), when all my emotions go out at once. But I never cried in a movie, neither a book, neither a manga neither an anime, and I think you for it xD. But the closest I got to cry in media stuff was in episode 20 of my favorite anime (Monogatari Series, specifically Episode 20 of second season).

I cry if someone shouts at me because I can't stand being spoken to like that. I know some people have said they haven't cried at funerals, but the one I did go to I was in tears most of the time. I've tried to get advice before about how not to cry at inappropriate times & they've said "just try not to" but it seems to come out anyway!

I ALWAYS cry. When my mom yells me, when I have a bad grade, when I can't do some of my weird movements, when I'm frustrated, I am a crybaby. And I can't stop, but nowadays I'm trying not to do it in public.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con AspiesCentral.com

5 times per year and that is for no reason? hmmm.. I also cry a lot. Like thrice a week, I think. Because I have so much to worry and life is damn stressing me out.

This is probably closest to how I am. And it seems completely unpredictable. Something bad happens in real life? Probably no reaction. Person on a commercial looks sad? Balled up on the couch commiserating with sad-looking actor.

My brain also likes to tell itself mean lies and get all worked up over nothing. It's obnoxious being that sensitive.

I began to notice difficulties in expressing emotion with the death of my grandmother several years ago. Internally I was mourning indefinitely, but on the outside I had no expressions.

I usually don't show my emotions unless I really want people to see them.

So yeah, I've been called "iceman" a few times.

I cry when I'm really mad or frustrated or when I'm under extreme stress. I also get very grumpy and emotional when I don't get enough sleep. I read that crying actually helps to relieve stress by releasing a chemical in your tears.

I cried A LOT when I was taking college algebra and I cried A LOT when I took statistics and especially when i dropped. I'm sure I'm going to be an emotional mess when I retake statistics in the fall.

I can recall my worst cry ever was when I started my first nursing job after graduating. I had to switch my schedule around and sleep days - so that was a stressor, then I also was seeing a lot of death and sickness I wasn't used to seeing while trying to learn the job at the same time. It got bad around the sixth month. I was crying all the time. It was strange because the tears would just start on their own (I pretty much was feeling numb by then - like I was watching myself just go through the motions from one say to the next.) I cried as soon as I woke up from sleep, cried while getting ready for work, cried all the way to work, then I'd have to take "bathroom breaks" which were actually crying breaks at least once an hour. Then I'd drive home in the morning -crying and get ready for bed and cry myself to sleep. That went on for about a good month until I started to get more "settled" in the job and my sleep schedule.

Just saw this old post, read it and had yet another excited "THATS ME " AC moment.
As a kid I'd cry a lot, I now know these where meltdowns but at the time I could not explain why I was upset.

As an adult I'm pretty sure I went about 4 or 5 years without crying(could be longer).

I tend to see a lot of stuff from a very practical point of view. death for example is something that has to happen in nature. Old or sick people die and I'm thinking " well that's great, their life sucked and was essentially pointless at this stage, the pain is over I'm happy for them" but I know you cant say that stuff out loud or I'll be called something horrible. My wife is horrified when I talk like that.
I really don't get it, would these people prefer them to go on suffering, in pain, unable to walk, unable to use a toilet? I get it if it's a younger person or they had something to offer etc but I'm talking bed bound old suffering people.
Luckily in Ireland funerals tend to be more of celebration's than mourning so I've flew under the radar more than once.

I have in the last few years had episodes where I've made myself cry(I just felt I needed to when stuff just got too much to handle and I wanted some form of relief) Always however I was In control and simply stopped once I felt Id done it enough but I do think it helped a little.:tearsofjoy:

I often feel sad or moved, but I rarely cry. People do not really notice my emotional reactions much from my experience, and I've never figured out how to fake it. In fact I think it's kind of inadvisable to pretend. What if you consistently choose odd times and other people pick up on that?
I actually have a tendency to let things out at odd alone moments that don't really seem to have much context... I guess stuff just builds up. I enjoy it, and I think most of the close friends I've had in the past have appreciated my "coldness" during hectic times. I'm not completely insensitive... everyone is different right?

When I was 16, in order to get to sleep, I knew I would have to cry for about a half-hour.
I didn't know until years later, that was not the usual way to get to sleep.

As a grown person I have found that I can be much less subject to crying/emotional shifts.
It depends on food choices.
I would be a helpless mess if I still used cow milk, sugar, honey....or had to smell tobacco, tomatoes, potatoes......

I decided that if a thing made me crazy, sick, or stupid, I wouldn't do it.

New Threads

Top Bottom