• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Asperger's confusion:

You just reminded me of something that I'm researching and testing on myself now.

There is some evidence that glutamate levels in the brain could be responsible for some negative autism traits.

In addition to which, glutamate can spill into other brain regions from stroke or injury, causing more problems - a possible link between your issues.

Glutamate can be controlled by elevating GABA, and this can be done by supplementing taurine, and maybe gaba itself, amount other things. Check out the links I'll add later before taking anything as it's complex.

I started taking taurine last week to see if it could help with shutdown. It's too early to say for sure, but I feel great right now, and better than for a long time.

I'll dig out my references to back this up, and I'll blog about it once the dust settles.

When you post, please PM me! I don't want to miss it. I have used a lot of stuff but I have to be careful because of heavy metal dumps that occur when I am too frsky. I used the sauna a lot and hit one really bad. When you lose weight, they dump, too. But then you feel so much better!

Things like Spirulina almost killed me. I did use a lot of sleep stuff with GABA. It was OK but them builds and I had to stop. Alpha Lipoic Acid is good but you have to be careful.

Best I found is simple Cilantro. I use the herb form and take a tsp here and there. VERY powerful to pull crap out.

I had testing.....high arsenic and gadolinium and mercury------those things matter a lot. They have gone down but it hurts when they start to chelate out. Hurts a lot!!! And who know if they ever come out fully.......

People just want things to be simple, but that's just not the case. Understanding people's psychology is difficult, even for experts. Heck, most people probably don't understand why they do certain things!

There's a sort of similar trend in the Netherlands where less and less diagnoses in psychiatry are eligible for coverage from our healthcare system.
As a response to this though, psychiatrists have started giving people different diagnoses, i.e. not the diagnosis they would normally give the patient, but the closest, somewhat comparable diagnosis that does allow the patient to receive treatment without going bankrupt.
Sort of a public secret, but the government and insurance companies can't do anything about it because they're not in a position to determine someone's actual diagnosis.
This sort of empathy coming from healthcare professionals is why i think the Nordic states have progressed more along the lines of actually helping aispies and auties. The focus is on helping them address their symptoms rather than focussing on labels and fixing them.

You just reminded me of something that I'm researching and testing on myself now.

There is some evidence that glutamate levels in the brain could be responsible for some negative autism traits.

In addition to which, glutamate can spill into other brain regions from stroke or injury, causing more problems - a possible link between your issues.

Glutamate can be controlled by elevating GABA, and this can be done by supplementing taurine, and maybe gaba itself, amount other things. Check out the links I'll add later before taking anything as it's complex.

I started taking taurine last week to see if it could help with shutdown. It's too early to say for sure, but I feel great right now, and better than for a long time.

I'll dig out my references to back this up, and I'll blog about it once the dust settles.

This is fascinating, because there are supplements that helped me a lot, even before I was diagnosed: chelated magnesium, pregnenolone, and arctic root.

If we are under higher stress than the average (and I think we are) we could be using up more brain chemicals, too.

New Threads

Top Bottom