• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspergers and Ayahuasca

nagibator

A Conversation With “Grandmother”

I just read this interesting post that describes an experience with ayahuasca aka. the grandmother. Autism (I know Aspergers is not exactly autism) is also mentioned. The quote is "A similar analogy can be made of autistic children who from a spiritual perspective are refusing to engage in our 3D reality as a wake-up call for the rest of us."

I know for me this refusing to take part in 3D reality is certainly true. I literally have tor force myself to connect and actually act. Especially in contrived social situations. Depending on if I love what I do or not that acting however becomes ich easier and almost automatic.

With love and light -

I definitely think my aspie traits make me more interested in spirituality and the inner and unseen worlds.

one of my support workers is aspie and OCD and he went to a forest [i forget where] and took/did ayahuasca, he said it completely changed him for the better and has recommended it to me but it is illegal here aparently [ive never looked it up].

aspergers is autism by the way-it is merged into the definition of autism like classic autism/PDDNOS etc,'autism' is a web of different definitions but they all are classified as this one size fits all label of 'autism'.
aspergers is high functioning high verbal autism, there is no speech delay-that is the only main difference between it and classic autism.

Yeah, Idk if I could ever take something that has a creepy name like "Grandmother", because I'll always think about King Diamond's Grandma on the album "Them". A creepy demon possessed grandmother that makes her grandson drink the blood of his sister until he goes insane.

No thanks.

one of my support workers is aspie and OCD and he went to a forest [i forget where] and took/did ayahuasca, he said it completely changed him for the better and has recommended it to me but it is illegal here aparently [ive never looked it up].
---
aspergers is high functioning high verbal autism, there is no speech delay-that is the only main difference between it and classic autism.

The speech delay I noticed recently by comparing when others respond vs when I don't respond. It's like I have to consciously decide to respond. Like there is some kind of block there. I'm aware of this block and am working on "getting around it" it's pretty persistent though. :( Where others are kind of in the moment I'm kind of in myself instead.

New Threads

Top Bottom