• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

are you afraid to go to the dentist?

scared of going to the dentist?

• no

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • a little

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • kind of

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • a lot

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I'm gonna dieeeee!

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
My teeth are poor, which left me completely terrified of dentists for years. I found myself in need of a new dentist this June due to acute tooth ache, and ended up going to a private dentist as opposed to the general health care one I had been using in the past. I could not tell you how happy I am I did it. He's kind, doesn't complain about my teeth being bad, always makes sure nothing he does hurts, the chair is ridiculously comfortable, it feels like everyone there goes out of their way to make me feel comfortable. It really does wonders, as I'm no longer terrified of going there, I sleep well, I don't have pain in my stomach, it's definitely worth it. I hope you can find a place that makes you feel good as well.

My brother used to get such bad anxiety as a child that my parents wound up having to take him to a pediatric dentist...basically, someone who specializes in minimizing the pain and anxiety as much as possible, chiefly through the use of sedatives.

I find it very uncomfortable having my mouth full of stuff, and I hate the sound and feel of the metal thing they use to scrap off your teeth when they clean them. I also hate the sound of the newer thing they use to clean your teeth, the one that makes that horrible high pitched whine that feels like it's boring into your brain. But the worst was when I had to have braces, sometimes when I had to have them adjusted it was just awful, especially since my top teeth were really out of whack so I had a complicated arrangement of wires and springs that sometimes took multiple tries to adjust properly.

I had my wisdom teeth taken out this year and I'm glad I did it, because it was something I always wanted to do. You get used to going there as life goes on, but I can understand being intimidated by it.

New Threads

Top Bottom