• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you a morning person or a night person?

Night person. Always have been.

Strangely, during the winters I tend to wake up slightly earlier than usual. However, in a perfect world I would actually prefer waking up super early in the morning. Something about being up early feels very refreshing to me! That is, if I got enough sleep the prior night to feel refreshed and awake.

I'm a nightingale too. But it doesn't matter if I wake up in the evening and stay up to noon, or if I wake up during the day and go to sleep after darkest night has passed, as long as I see sun rising and setting. Late evenings in here are cool and calm, at night we have great breeze, and mornings are restful and I love pale colors from sun shining low. I enjoy them all. It's the day I don't have desires for. Of course in the heart of winter we have polar night, time when sun doesn't rise at all and constant blackness gets quite depressing after the first week.

I get more done in the morning in a work situation than later in the day but at home I get more done at night. I used to be a big night person overall but over the years I have noticed that I get tired more at night. So er... I guess I'm a morning person? That sounds weird but I think its true.

Night, definitely, since forever.
Made my folks crazy when I was little. When they sent me to bed, I'd read or draw under the covers till they caught me.

Unambiguously a night person.

I play that mental game that was on a Seinfeld episode forever ago: It's where it's late and you know you should go to bed but realize that's tomorrow's problem and stay up. That guy will deal with it then.

Night owl here, 'specially so since I work a graveyard shift and have been for the last 7 years or so, but I would have no trouble at all adapting to the opposite.

I love waking up very early, any day, it doesn't matter if I have nothing to do, I love waking up like at 5am or 6am. But I'm a night person... it's hard for me to go to sleep early so I usually go to sleep at like 3am or 5am.

I feel like I'm a night person because I have a hard time dragging my sorry ass outta bed in the morning, and I'm a cranky, grumpy b**ch if there's anyone but the cats around. I don't like to talk in the morning, and I have a checklist to make sure I do all the chores I have to do in the morning, or I'll forget something. I mean, like for instance: "Clean litterbox" and "Take medications." I'm completely on auto-pilot.

But then there are times I'm jazzed to get something done, and I'll be up at the crack of dawn raring to go. Also, sometimes in the summer I just like to get up early for the cooler weather and to enjoy the relative quiet time. This is provided no one else is there to disturb me. I really don't like being around people when I wake up.

Neither anymore, I work rolling weeks and shifts so nights one week followed by days.
So now I'm more of a 'Dear god is it that time already'.

My favorite time of the day starts at about 2 AM. Does that count as a morning person...?

In all seriousness though, I love the hours before and after sunrise; I like to wake up in the middle of the night and feel the quiet air before it starts to warm up from the sun. That said, my sleeping habits can hardly be called "habits"; I've had people tell me it's frustrating because they can never predict when I'll be awake. Sometimes I'll sleep all day, sometimes I'll sleep right after dinner, sometimes I'll sleep a little in the morning and a little in the later afternoon. I think that's more a result of my surroundings than anything else, though (and, admittedly, maybe a little due to me not wanting to stop doing whatever it is I'm doing...).

I'm so much of a night person I become a morning person before all's said and done.

When left alone, my sleep rotates. I could get up at any time of day depending where I am in rotation, and it's quite nice. My favorite part is when I go to bed in the early evening and get up in the middle of the night. Evening isn't one of my favorite times of the day, it is really loud and noisy.

Evening isn't one of my favorite times of the day, it is really loud and noisy.

Amen to that!

Ever heard of polyphasic sleep schedules? At one point I was doing pretty well on a triphasic (once I finally broke into it), but then I went to visit my family and taking a nap mid-day wasn't an option :( I hope to get back into it someday, but I want to get settled on a few things first so I'll have an easier time breaking into it again.

Think I'm an afternoon/night person. Mornings do not exist unless I really have to get up like for work or whatever. I like to sleep in.

New Threads

Top Bottom