• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are allergies killing anyone else?

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
I’m dying over here. I have an ear infection and my sinuses are messed up. I hate the start of spring because my skin and sinuses suffer. People in my area were saying the same thing.

You could say that! For me this has been one of the worst allergy seasons I've ever experienced.

It came early and it came intense. And has yet to let up.

You could say that! For me this has been one of the worst allergy seasons I've ever experienced.

It came early and it came intense. And has yet to let up.
I’m barely hang on. It kicked me in the face this season.

I get that all year round, so I don't think it's the pollen that sets my sinuses off. I think I'm just allergic to the Earth's oxygen.

Literally. Had anaphylaxis a while back out the blue. Lucky I had someone around that took it seriously because I was pretty blase about the whole thing despite being about to die. I'll tell you this much, when it's my time, hypoxia is a good way to go!

The rest of it was less fun....

For allergy eyes, where the lids swell up, this works miracles.

Similisan Allergy Eye Relief.

Although a homeopathic, it is sold with conventional eye drops in most drugstores. It really is amazing how fast it works.

1712578458536.png

This spring allergy season has been one of the worst I've experienced. My sinuses get swollen and congested, and I apparently breathe through my mouth in my sleep because my nose is stopped up, so I wake up with the Sahara Desert on my tongue. I try to stay inside the house when the pollen count is high like it is right now, and I replace the filter in the HVAC system every other week. I think my main problem is oak trees and grasses.

I get that all year round, so I don't think it's the pollen that sets my sinuses off. I think I'm just allergic to the Earth's oxygen.
Humidity maybe? I don’t have allergies but humidity changes always set me off. Transitioning to outdoor rain, traveling, etc.

I have rhinitis, I can get severe flare-ups anywhere for no reason really. It's like people with irritable bowel get flare-ups with no specific triggers and it can't really be cured. I don't have irritable bowel, but I do have irritable sinuses. I think I might have polyps up there but when the doctor checked she said there isn't. But whenever I use nose spray, I can get it comfortably up my right nostril but the left nostril feels narrow and it doesn't seem to fit properly and then when I spray it just comes straight back out. So there must be something there.

I'm fortunately on allergy meds, currently Allegra (at least I think that's what it is, it's a pink pill of some sort), so it aint nearly so bad for me. It used to be, when I was a kid, half the time I just outright couldnt breathe through my nose at all. Like, all the time.

These days I'm mostly fine though my sinuses are still never completely clear.

When the allergies are unusually strong I do have a nasal spray that I can use as well, that typically does the trick.

Generally I do what I can to stay away from the things I know I'm allergic to. In particular, mold, and for some reason also birch trees. Specifically birch trees. No, I dont know why. But I'm more allergic to those than to anything else.

I have rhinitis, I can get severe flare-ups anywhere for no reason really. It's like people with irritable bowel get flare-ups with no specific triggers and it can't really be cured. I don't have irritable bowel, but I do have irritable sinuses. I think I might have polyps up there but when the doctor checked she said there isn't. But whenever I use nose spray, I can get it comfortably up my right nostril but the left nostril feels narrow and it doesn't seem to fit properly and then when I spray it just comes straight back out. So there must be something there.
Sorry you experience this. If the doctor didn't find anything, it's likely general inflammation. Most blocked nostrils aren't caused by mucus, but rather just swelling.

Sorry you experience this. If the doctor didn't find anything, it's likely general inflammation. Most blocked nostrils aren't caused by mucus, but rather just swelling.
Yes that's what it is.
When I have these flare-ups it looks like I have a really bad cold, but it's not a cold at all, and I find myself reassuring people about that, otherwise I get people standing 6 feet away from me lol.

Yes I have been sneezing non stop, about fifteen sneezes every hour or so. It's ridiculous

iu

But seriously. There is little that I really am allergic to. Though I do think I might have a reaction to ragweed pollen and maybe tree or grass pollen.

New Threads

Top Bottom