• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone there?

Hi.
I just created this account because I really don't know what else to do. Recently I was diagnosed with Asperger's and as far as i can tell no one (family or friends) has accepted it. They think I'm -for lack of better term- crazy. Strange. Out of place.
I just want someone i can talk to who maybe understands the thoughts i have.

Welcome aboard :)

I think you will find this community both educational and friendly.

Some of us ARE a little bit crazy :D

Last edited:
Hi & welcome,
Family/friends are often in denial, which delays them learning about and understanding HFA. It can really be a struggle for them. You are certainly not crazy as in insane. Autisim is not psychosis. HFAs tend to have a different mindset, which is not unnatural considering our brains are often compared to being wired differently.

You aren't very different here, among other HFAs, except for your natural unique personality like all people have. Hope you don't mind being just an average Joe. ;)

Hi & welcome,
Family/friends are often in denial, which delays them learning about and understanding HFA. It can really be a struggle for them. You are certainly not crazy as in insane. Autisim is not psychosis. HFAs tend to have a different mindset, which is not unnatural considering our brains are often compared to being wired differently.

You aren't very different here, among other HFAs, except for your natural unique personality like all people have. Hope you don't mind being just an average Joe. ;)

You kidding? :)
I've wanted to blend into the background my entire life. I was bullied a lot at school for being considered odd.

I do kid a lot, but not this time. I think the large majority of HFAs have been bullied. Certainly many many of us here, at one time or another. Its the price of being different and in a way is just bad luck and has nothing to do with your value.

Actually some HFAs have a small problem, usually temporary, of giving up the idea of being completely unique once they find out they are Aspies. I know I did. But its better I think having people you can naturally relate too, people you get and whom do not consider you weird. But we are in fact a quite varied lot and probably accept a wider variety in thought in behaviors. We push boundries at times, as we do not naturally see the boundry in the first place.

Hi.
I just created this account because I really don't know what else to do. Recently I was diagnosed with Asperger's and as far as i can tell no one (family or friends) has accepted it. They think I'm -for lack of better term- crazy. Strange. Out of place.

You've likely come to the right place. Most of us have been victims of bullying, whether as children or in adulthood to some extent. Unless one is truly on the spectrum of autism, it's very difficult for a Neurotypical person to be able to relate to our frame of mind and socialization or sensory issues.

A frustrating situation where people tend to think of us as those with poor attitudes, rather than being incapable of neurologically conforming to the other 98% of society which can often be baffling to us.

Welcome to AC.

You've likely come to the right place. Most of us have been victims of bullying, whether as children or in adulthood to some extent. Unless one is truly on the spectrum of autism, it's very difficult for a Neurotypical person to be able to relate to our frame of mind and socialization or sensory issues.

A frustrating situation where people tend to think of us as those with poor attitudes, rather than being incapable of neurologically conforming to the other 98% of society which can often be baffling to us.

Welcome to AC.

I completely agree with you. I'm just glad I've finally found a place that I can talk about these things to and not feel well ashamed.

I do kid a lot, but not this time. I think the large majority of HFAs have been bullied. Certainly many many of us here, at one time or another. Its the price of being different and in a way is just bad luck and has nothing to do with your value.

Actually some HFAs have a small problem, usually temporary, of giving up the idea of being completely unique once they find out they are Aspies. I know I did. But its better I think having people you can naturally relate too, people you get and whom do not consider you weird. But we are in fact a quite varied lot and probably accept a wider variety in thought in behaviors. We push boundries at times, as we do not naturally see the boundry in the first place.

Yeah i agree.
To be honest I just wanted to find people i can relate to

I completely agree with you. I'm just glad I've finally found a place that I can talk about these things to and not feel well ashamed.

Indeed. There are things I have never discussed with anyone that I have mentioned here. Having gone through most of my life not knowing who- or what I was and why I act how I do.

We are different- but not necessarily deficient.

Indeed. There are things I have never discussed with anyone that I have mentioned here. Having gone through most of my life not knowing who- or what I was and why I act how I do.

We are different- but not necessarily deficient.

I agree, at this point in my life I feel like I am better off than most NT's.

Hi, angel_without_a_cause! I'm new here, too, and I'm at least a little bit, if not a lot (according to some people), crazy, so you'll most likely seem very normal to me. :)

Hi.
It's okay to be a little crazy [emoji6]

Hi & welcome,

What is HFA?

Wow, so many labels. I don't bother learning all levels of differences because I view us on the spectrum as good people who don't fake their way in life. I am perfectly imperfect!

New Threads

Top Bottom