• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

anyone obsessed with journaling?

Tanya

spirit gardener
I write in my journals a lot of the day. It helps organise my thoughts. I wrote so many notebooks I had to go out and buy a shredder. Anyone else like me?

I filled lots of blank books as a younger person, thousands of pages' worth. But as an adult I find it more difficult. I cannot organize my thoughts on the computer, but I also went though a long period when a medication made it hard for me to control a pen, so I am out of practice when it comes to writing by hand. I bought a new journal recently but somehow can't bring myself to start it...

I filled lots of blank books as a younger person, thousands of pages' worth. But as an adult I find it more difficult. I cannot organize my thoughts on the computer, but I also went though a long period when a medication made it hard for me to control a pen, so I am out of practice when it comes to writing by hand. I bought a new journal recently but somehow can't bring myself to start it...

Well you could always get one of those digital recorders and record your thoughts, just an idea

I keep journals of the weather for the winter months to record any wintry (snowy) weather that we may or may not have.

While not journals i keep massive amounts of sports statistics.

I journal once every day. I'm not obsessed with it but it's a great way to preserve memories and write down things I prefer to keep to myself. I keep all my old full journals in a box under my bed. They're some of my most precious posessions.

Last edited:
I keep a diary. I haven't written in it in a while. I should though, as it always makes me feel better afterwards. Sometimes I like to reread my diary and it helps me remember things I don't want to forget.

I keep sketchbooks. I love to practice drawing, and I write in them quite frequently too. It's kind of irritating though: because it's a sketchbook, people want to look at the drawings. Which is intrusive.

I keep sketchbooks. I love to practice drawing, and I write in them quite frequently too. It's kind of irritating though: because it's a sketchbook, people want to look at the drawings. Which is intrusive.

I like to keep my journals private too

I've been journaling off and on for a very long time. I do have at least one notebook full of daily journals--all of them written in different alphabets that I invented. I still have it. Once I filled that one, I struggled opening up a new one. Was never able to keep track of it. Eventually, I began blogging, and I've kept up with that, more or less, since I was in highschool. For many long years I was on Xanga, but sadly it died and was basically absorbed into Wordpress as a paid service. That's when I switched to Wordpress--the free version. I could have transferred my back entries to my new wordpress site, but I eventually decided not to. I did take a few breaks from blogging, some rather long, but I'm still at it. I don't like to reveal my real name, but I don't mind people reading it. If anyone is interested, here it is: https://livetransform.wordpress.com/

Hi
I'm new here.
Interesting to find this site.
I have been writing a journal for the last 3 years. It helps a lot with my personal development

Hi
I'm new here.
Interesting to find this site.
I have been writing a journal for the last 3 years. It helps a lot with my personal development

I think I may have attention deficit disorder. Writing a journal helps me organise my thoughts.

[QUOTE="Butterfly88, post: 272389, member: 1424It'sI like journaling to release emotions though I wouldn't say I'm obsessed. I also like art journaling.[/QUOTE]

I have just started spiritual art journaling. Its kind of like a prayer in art form. It helps my soul connect with God. I use photos, pictures from magazines, scrapbooking stuff etc . I have trouble with regular prayer, this form of prayer works better for me.

About 20 years ago, before I had any idea that I might be on the spectrum, I had what I would have called a massive breakdown. During that period, I filled several notebooks with about a year. Just thinking about that time is making me very uncomfortable this morning. I can't bring myself to go into details at the moment. I haven't really sat down to write in a journal for years, but I do carry some paper cards with me, and write down ideas as they occur to me. Over the past several years I've filled up over 200 of them, filed in a box, and sorted by date. Most of these cards contain my notes on existential theory.

="tfwo, post: 280812, member: 14357"]About 20 years ago, before I had any idea that I might be on the spectrum, I had what I would have called a massive breakdown. During that period, I filled several notebooks with about a year. Just thinking about that time is making me very uncomfortable this morning. I can't bring myself to go into details at the moment. I haven't really sat down to write in a journal for years, but I do carry some paper cards with me, and write down ideas as they occur to me. Over the past several years I've filled up over 200 of them, filed in a box, and sorted by date. Most of these cards contain my notes on existential theory.[/QUOTE]

Thats a good idea to write things on recipe cards or something, and keep important notes. I waffle about everything in my notebooks, which I eventually shred. It would be good to keep the important things on cards and file them . Thanks for the tip!

I've tried a lot of times to keep a journal, but never managed to keep up. Both online and offline I just lose interest. I do still have the paper journals I've started out of sentiment, but none of them are very long.

i write my dreams (normally don't remember them) a diary every day (normally very boring) and recently have started doing a sketch everyday to improve my sketching skills.

I write down the dreams that I remember.

There is a Day notebook where I keep track of
the Weather, what I eat & when,feeding the
chickens; depending on the season...when
I put wood in the woodstove; and the general
category "Activity," which means anything else
worth noting.

I carry a small notebook & pen in my pocket so
I can write down ideas. Actually, I sleep with that
notebook, too.

I don't delete the email I write, so that is similar
to a journal, maybe...but instead of being written
to myself or no one in particular, it is written to