• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone in Africa familiar with the Uganda Education System?

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
I support a foster daughter who lives in Uganda. She is seventeen. She is currently in grade 3 of 6 of a secondary boarding school. It costs me roughly $100 USD per month to house her there.

When she graduates, and if she decides to go to university, I am not sure, but I expect it will cost roughly $600 US per semester, which is about what I'm paying now. But even if it costs much more, I will never abandon her. I love her very much, with all my heart and I will do whatever it takes to give her a good future, just the same as my biological daughter.

I am highly doubtful of this, but does anyone know of financial aid (loans/grants) similar to the United States FAFSA Financial Aid that may exist in Uganda, or is university prepaid out of pocket?

Do you know what a university education costs, being a resident of Uganda? I am thinking she would go to University in Gulu, but perhaps it may be Kampala.

If you have information, please let me know. I am American, and my primary language is English.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom