• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anybody starting new exercise routine?

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
And walking to the fridge and back doesn't count.
Started tummy routine. Finally replaced my 18 lb bar, which is perfect to lift up over head. Undecided about squats. I bought a jump rope, however l am afraid tripping and falling.

I start with a personal trainer on Thursday:-(). In a gym. He is also an exercise physiologist. I really like him.

No, but I think I really need to. I've made a lot of changes lately, I think I could certainly make some room for some good healthy exercise in the new routine I am carving out for myself. Thanks for the nudge, @Aspychata.

I'm going to commit to an easy, gentle start - walking 14 miles/week and getting back to free weights for the arms and shoulders every other day, and daily stretching & gentle yoga.

I have a trampoline, l need to quit using it for clothes hamper. I will clean it up this week. My ceiling is low so l can't jump too high. :)

Last edited:
I want to start doing daily push-ups again (the "easy" version for now, with knees on the ground, since I'm not up yet to do the full ones correctly). While I'm there, I might add some planks. My core is my weak spot.

I swim when at home and walk when I can’t. I need to be better at keeping up muscle.

Keep in mind if you’re losing weight, almost all of it is about controlling calorie intake.

I ran 30 mins at gym. That really helped me feel better. But l couldn't do anything else. Feel free to post your exercise endeavors. It motivates all of us, to do planks, go walking.

Yes, I have torn some abdominal muscles recently so was forced to switch it up.. besides tearing the muscle there have been good benefits to switching it up. Also be careful on the planks everyone. That's how tore my muscles lol

Yes, I have torn some abdominal muscles recently so was forced to switch it up.. besides tearing the muscle there have been good benefits to switching it up. Also be careful on the planks everyone. That's how tore my muscles lol
May I ask, how did you tear an abdominal muscle during planks?

Very easy to do so in a low plank if you are trying to push yourself. But as to how, I have a very straight spine, so I was in a low plank and let too much breath out while sinking my hips too deep

Leg lifts as I lay with legs left hanging off the bed. Keep them together...let them fall just lower than the bed height, lift straight up in the air, then back down low...repeat about 20 or so times, and I promise you will feel it working for an hour afterwards.

That's one we do in ballet class sitting on the floor as warm-ups. @Dagan We also point, and switch our feet to back and to front, while lifting our legs up and down, but never touching the floor, until our instructor says stop.

Yup, those, too. You feel the burn big time. I do them before bed mostly. I feel like it keeps working as I pass out.

@Aspychata Yeah, this is the time when I stop hibernating and start moving. Every single winter the same happens. I'm fit from April to November. December to March, I hibernate.

I used to live in the East coast, and winters were worse then. At least now hibernation is not total and winter not too long or bad.

I lift weights about 3 times a week and run. I like my Sunday's long runs with the pup. They happen as soon as the mornings are warmer. I don't like to run in cold weather.

The best way is to find fitness friends. I used to have a great running group in Boston.

I started doing pelvic floor exercises yesterday and will be incorporating them into my daily routine. It's important for both men and women to keep that group of muscles strong for many different reasons.

@marc_101 , good routine you got going. If l stop running, l am afraid l will quit permanently. So l still am running.
@Magna , very important muscles and easy to overlook, good for you.

@mysterionz , l understand, it can be daunting. When l decided l was going to run, l started with like 20 mins, a jog on a treadmill at a nearby gym. After a couple of months it got easier. I went maybe twice a week. I have been doing this for 10 years. It helps me cognitively, and it raises my spirits. So start with a reasonable goal, like you will commit to walking 15 mins on Tuesday, and Thursdays for one month. Then if you feel like it, maybe 3 times a week. Then just see how you feel. Check out youtube videos for kettle bell. Those exercises are actually fun and doable and you will see results on your abs, and arms. And you can do in your bedroom to your favorite songs.

I am not starting new exercises so I am not sure about answering but you also seemed to say we should talk about exercise we do.

I love to exercise, it is all I want to do but I have done it so much I have little injuries so now I have to do less.

I do heavy squats once a week, ride the exercise bike, pull-ups, leg raises and I use a hangboard, a training board for rock climbing. It has hold and pockets like in a rock climbing gym. I have to make myself do much less than I want. Exercise calms me, better than anything else.

New Threads

Top Bottom