• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Am I the only one who can never sleep???

I've heard that there's no such thing as insomnia in children, I beg to differ

I have an older friend whose grandson regularly
is awake for 9 days at a time. He may nap
briefly in that time, but every month he has a
siege of being awake for days.

I would say I often have trouble sleeping, or rather it takes me forever to sleep. But I believe it's mostly related to how I sleep, which isn't how I prefer or like to sleep (I only sleep normally because I share a room).

When I was growing up, I'd often be awake and active for several days at a time, and only ever did homework from school after midnight. I simply couldn't sleep.

Lack of sleep is my kryptonite. Nothing impairs my ability to deal like being tired.

So it's especially frustrating when I'm dead tired, and I lay down ... and I can't sleep. And I lay there in bed, not daring to get up - because if I did it would train my brain to get up when I should be sleeping - and I just lay there, worrying about how little sleep I'm going to get and how much harder the next day is going to be. It's the worst.

Anyone struggling with insomnia has my full sympathy, empathy, and compassion.

there was a study I was a part of for people on the spectrum that is still not out yet that I has info related to this topic. let me see if I can get the okay to share my results at least...

I often have issues with sleep. FREX just this morning I had intended to sleep till 7:30am...but woke up at 5 & could not go back to sleep. Just as often I get stretches where I'm unable to fall asleep. I try to avoid any caffeine or sugar late at night, but that doesn't always work.

New Threads

Top Bottom