• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

ALL Wrong Planet Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
gotta work tomorrow actually... hopefully its not a weird building
(I'm a janitor)
not exciting or anything...but it could be worse
pays alright

I loved your anti aspie posts.

well those don't exactly make friends
and in the end it was just me posting things I stole from movies/shows/etc
giving it a seemingly personal touch
it gets old very fast

and the whole anti aspie thing was-well I don't exactly enjoy having it :mellow:

WP is too politically correct. But it doesn't even really stand up to those rules. Cause if you talk about something the mods don't like, you'll be banned. But people can be as rude as they like to other people. I got a warning for being homophobic, apparently. Cause of saying that oth guy was going into too much detail, but he got nothing for asking if "I was just a retard, and didn't actually have AS". But I did eventually go back with another, female account, and got him banned. :) Its all double standards, makes me sick.

I use it, but I don't think you need a $268 a month server for running a forum. He's obviously using it for his own means - outside of wrong planet. A 60GB virtual private server (with about 1024MB of RAM and a Linux (CentOS) installation) will only cost around $40 or so a month, and I've seen places providing them for less than that! These specifications are perfectly sufficient for running a forum installation: especially when you can't upload images larger than 16KB for an avatar!

Also, to get the silly 'WP-Support' badge in your profile information you have to pay a MINIMUM of $25 a month. Ridiculous!

This guy (by with I mean Alex) is really misguiding people. In my opinion, Aspergic looks to be 10x better with nicer Admin and a much nicer interface: I always have loved IP Board.

:angry:

I wonder what Alex's financial situation is.
I could probably understand why he's doing it. His movie 'career' seems to be going no where. WP=exposure+good pr+finances.
EMZ=]

I wonder what Alex's financial situation is.
I could probably understand why he's doing it. His movie 'career' seems to be going no where. WP=exposure+good pr+finances.
EMZ=]

Yes but I don't want to fund the career of a failed movie director. :p

Hmm... i've only ever browsed Wrong Planet once or twice. It seems to be a bad place going by impressions in this thread.

Lol I had a scope around on WP this evening. It's ridiculous, Michael is absolutely right, you could get an entirely dedicated server (which is beyond unnecessary for a forum, really...) for less than $268 or whatever it was/month. I don't have a clue how he can justify asking for $4800 in donations. I've always preferred IPB to other forum software too - hence Aspergic running on it. Much nicer themes imo, aswell as a more logical layout for both the public and moderation/administration. WP is hard on the eyes to read through. :(

I don't think i'll ever need donations for anything towards the back-end of the site. Not unless/until the forum gets considerably bigger. But if I do take donations, they'll go towards the server costs, with the remainder going to an austism related charity.

One thing we are considering is selling 'merch' of sorts - pens, mugs, shirts - that crap, and putting some proceeds towards charities, aswell as the forum license and maybe some advertising. Not sure if anybody would be interested. :)

Lol I had a scope around on WP this evening. It's ridiculous, Michael is absolutely right, you could get an entirely dedicated server (which is beyond unnecessary for a forum, really...) for less than $268 or whatever it was/month. I don't have a clue how he can justify asking for $4800 in donations. I've always preferred IPB to other forum software too - hence Aspergic running on it. Much nicer themes imo, aswell as a more logical layout for both the public and moderation/administration. WP is hard on the eyes to read through. :(

I don't think i'll ever need donations for anything towards the back-end of the site. Not unless/until the forum gets considerably bigger. But if I do take donations, they'll go towards the server costs, with the remainder going to an austism related charity.

One thing we are considering is selling 'merch' of sorts - pens, mugs, shirts - that crap, and putting some proceeds towards charities, aswell as the forum license and maybe some advertising. Not sure if anybody would be interested. :)

If I remember, IP Boards costs quite a bit - especially when you get can free ones such as SMF and MyBB (my personal favorite of the FREE forum boards). However, I don't think any of the free ones offer the same features as IP Board. I really like it. I'd be happy to donate towards that, but for a dedicated server running a somewhat poorly built forum ? Pah!

I'd buy some Aspergic merchandise if the design was good. Doubt i'd wear it down the high street though. I'd get weird looks.

If I remember, IP Boards costs quite a bit - especially when you get can free ones such as SMF and MyBB (my personal favorite of the FREE forum boards). However, I don't think any of the free ones offer the same features as IP Board. I really like it. I'd be happy to donate towards that, but for a dedicated server running a somewhat poorly built forum ? Pah!

An IPB license is typically £90, which me and Willow will be splitting on Friday (Yes, we're running a nulled version at the moment, sorry Invision Power guys if you read this lol.)

I'd buy some Aspergic merchandise if the design was good. Doubt i'd wear it down the high street though. I'd get weird looks.

Good to know, dude! :) We aren't sure exactly what we would do with it yet, I think the concept is more based on the fact donators aren't dumping money onto the internet without trace, but actually get something in return. :) Though some witty AS related phrases might make some good shirts or mugs - or maybe a beanie. :p

Good to know, dude! :) We aren't sure exactly what we would do with it yet, I think the concept is more based on the fact donators aren't dumping money onto the internet without trace, but actually get something in return. :) Though some witty AS related phrases might make some good shirts or mugs - or maybe a beanie. :p

Hmm... I would love to help out with that.

I'm not sure about how you would get the merchandise made, but I assume that you are familiar with Cafe Press?

I heard some people committed suicide who were on WP, but that's all I know.
EMZ=]

I knew 2 of them
they both despised him but of course he claimed they were his friends and tried to gain publicity by their deaths

One of them was William Fuend.

It's what got me into trouble. Wondering about him and talking about him. I could have saved the last warning for next time if I kept my mouth shut and just let Sins think whatever she wants of me.

And is it against the rules do read someone's posts from their profile? She told me I knew who had 60 posts and showing as made but only a few could be read. Then she said it was against the rules of WP.

Okay I knew he had 60 posts because it said in his profile but when you clicked to view all posts by him, there were only a few. So why is that wrong? I didn't ask. Was she saying it's not allowed to view peoples posts from their profile? I don't see that anywhere in the rules about WP. That's what I mean by gray areas. Too many gray areas and you fall into traps. Okay so why have "View all posts" in their profiles if it's not allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom