• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Adult Recently Diagnosed with ASD

Chef Boyardee

Powerhouse of the cell
I’m 21 years old, and I’ve recently been diagnosed with Asperger’s.

Growing up my parents were very uneducated about mental health and just thought I was an awkward kid and would grow out of it.

I will admit my autism doesn’t prevent me from living said “normal” life, but it does greatly affect my relationships especially as an adult now.

I don’t really have anyone to talk to about this, so I’m very eager to meet others who can relate to my experiences!

Welcome. One of the great things about finding out is that you are now free to stop trying to be like everyone else, and start learning what works for you. Think of yourself as the first explorer and cartographer of You.

Welcome to the forum.
You'll find a lot of nice people here to share experiences
with and answer questions.

I like your avatar as black cats are my favourites.

welcome.png

New Threads

Top Bottom