• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your favourite comedy :)

There's been some gems in this thread so far. I'm always on the lookout for new comedy. Netflix have embraced stand up comedy quite well and have been doing specials with comedians from both sides of the Atlantic and elsewhere. A great way of discovering humour which hasn't made it to your country yet.

I'm a little obsessed with television comedy, both sitcoms and hour-long comedies, as long as they're smart and truly funny. My current favorite is the hour-long Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. But if you're interested, you'll probably want to watch it from the beginning. It's a smart, very funny, boundary-pushing musical comedy about a woman with mental illness who is obsessed with her high school ex boyfriend.

Another fairly recent favorite is Community and that included a character with Aspgerger's, Abed Nadir. That show also pushed boundaries and is one of the smartest sitcoms I've ever seen. Although I only really loved the first 3 seasons (esp. the first 2). And season 4 doesn't count (they call it the gas leak year).

I'll post a song from Crazy Ex GF and a clip from one of the best episodes of Community.

The songs are good songs by themselves but they're also quite funny and they're almost always integral to the show itself - not just someone randomly breaking into song (well, yeah, they do randomly break into song, but with purpose!).

Okay, here is "Face Your Fears" sung by the main character's best friend as she encourages her to face fears of rejection and have a party:

And here is a clip from the episode of Community in which we see six different timelines (depending on which character has to leave the group to get pizza):

It might make more sense to watch a different clip, since this is the ending, but it's a good one. If you want to see more, look up "Remedial Chaos Theory."

Janet

Hi De Hi, one of my fave comedies of the early 80's, set in a 50's Holiday Camp.

Just a shame now that a lot of the original cast are no longer with is, Paul Shane aka Ted Bovis passed away a few years back, Simon Cadell, aka Jeffrey Fairbrother, passed away in the 90's, also the snooty Ballroom dancers Yvonne and Barry Stewart-Hargreaves are both dead apparently.

Of the original cast I think Ruth Madoc (Gladys), Jeff Holland (Spike), David Griffin (Clive) and Sue Pollard (Peggy) are still with us.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom