• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your Favorite Animal!

Dogs, especially Collies, Shelties, Bloodhounds and Basset hounds.

Those of you who ever owned (or have been owned) by a basset hound will get a charge out of this:

Bassets with Erections Can't Climb Stairs

Each night she's on the balcony, he loves her from afar
His soft, sad eyes are hypnotized, she shines down like a star.
His heart will break forever; his kind can't have affairs
For Bassets with erections can't climb stairs.

His home a humble bungalow and hers a penthouse flat
He cannot go where she can go and that, they say, is that.
He never can be near her, although she knows he cares,

You want to win a woman? Just be cool, be aloof
The dog who doesn't hit the stairs can make it to the roof.
The dog who doesn't care will be the dog who wins the day
You'll never get to heaven with your chopper in the way.

The spirit soars, the body falls, and heavy lies the heart
That cries out with the pangs of love, "Be still my broken part" --
How painful is the passion, and how painful the repairs,
- author unknown -

I have too many fave animals to name them all but I've always loved bats, snakes, frogs & many bird species like the cassowary
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1392188390.448305.jpg
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1392188431.448580.jpg
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1392188469.047844.jpg
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1392188509.514339.jpg

I have many favorite animals including wolves, moose, deer, bear etc

Attachments

• wolf power animal.jpg
    wolf power animal.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 70
  • lets be friends.jpg
    lets be friends.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 63
  • bengal tiger by eric risberg.jpg
    bengal tiger by eric risberg.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 74
  • black-baby-jaguar_preview.jpg
    black-baby-jaguar_preview.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 73
coyote-glancing_510_600x450.jpg

The coyote, because you never heard anything mysterious or wonderful as a pack of coyotes at night :D God I love listening to this animals lol

I hope these hunters die a more horrible death than anything the guys behind the mortal kombat games could think up :(

barncoyotestand+New+2.JPG

These guys are scum !

I am not sure what my favourite animal is but someone suggested it was bats. I do really love bats & all the species from the gorgeous fling foxes to the tiny cute micro bats.
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1394919044.587925.jpg
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1394919075.469964.jpg

I am discussed how humans hate these VITAL members of the ecosystems so much.
Well I love them dearly!!!
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1394919435.386498.jpg

Bats? I enjoy seeing any animal, but especially those you don't normally see very often. I can only recall seeing bats when I lived in Virginia. Haven't seen any since. Cool creatures...

I recall seeing a possum scaling a fence one time when I lived in California. And a praying mantis that "posed" for me as I took its picture a few times up close.

Living in the desert I see a lot of wildlife. Rabbits, coyotes, rarely a desert tortoise, lizards, scorpions and lots of quail. I'm still looking for a rattlesnake to photograph, but I'm not willing to overturn rocks just to find them!

House kitty! What do you think I would have said? House kitty are the best anyway MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

I like all animals. Even though I'm a gun guy and shoot a lot, I do not hunt. I just poke holes in paper. I just can't bring myself to destroy a magnificent animal. All my meat comes from the supermarket. I know a animal had to die for me to have that meat, but at least I didn't have to kill it.

I'm not sure I've met an animal I didn't like, so I won't list all my favorites. :p Horses and wolves take the top spots, though. If I want to be even more specific on the horses, I like Appaloosas, Paints and palominos best.

Oh, wait. I have met one animal I don't like: Chickens. I hate chickens. The only ones I've encountered have been nasty things that like to peck at people. And they smell bad.

Squirrels! It's like my spirit soul match animal or something, all nervous, chasing, running , free, playing, fun, ohmygosh,. jumping from tree to tree!

PS. I think the bats are super awesome! Turtles! OH, we have raised farm animals. I would love to meet little lambies more..... aw..... I hear they are very much like humans, like people say of pigs. Personally, I have found bunnies to be ever so happy!!!!!! and Ducks to be ever so grateful! (more than chickens) I hear a goose is an excellent "guard dog"!!!!!!!!.....

That is besides, the standard cats and dogs, of course.

Last edited:
At the moment I really like coral and sea anemones.

Here's a Cup Coral
image.jpg

"Balanophyllia elegans: gorgeous, tentacular corals: the tips of their knobbed(capitate) tentacles catch the light, making each polyp appear as a miniature display of fibre optics. They belong to phylum Cnidaria,class Anthozoa, order Scleractinia. Through photo/chemo receptive tissue these corals reach into nutrient rich currents with stinging cells(nematocysts) waiting to immobilize prey and pull it into their stomachs."

Last edited:
Bees, especially Bumble Bees. This summer past, my mother-in-law had a bumble bee nest on the side of her house and I took great delight in watching the fat bundles of fuzz (and buzz!) take flight and return home. So cute.

New Threads

Top Bottom