• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You remind me of????????

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
If someone elicits a familiar template in your brain that says " this is X type of person" then we categorize them quickly even detrimentally. This is called the Doppelganger Bias effect. This plays out in how employees are hired, dates night invites.

In a study by Brown University, participants played a money-sharing game whose headshots shown on screen were trustworthy to the not trustworthy range as they discovered. On the next round play, the virtual headshots had been digitally morphed to resemble those original partners.

The more trustworthy the original partner was, the more that person's doppelganger was picked and the more untrustworthy, the more they were rejected.

I was interviewing a woman for a job, got back into the office and my employees asked if i had hired her. I had. They all laughed and said they knew I would. I asked now did they know I would hire her....they said because she had brown eyes.
Looking back, I realized they were right, i almost always hired brown eyed applicants.
I had no idea. But I do have a preference for brown eyed people because my dad had brown eyes and he was usually nice to me.

Something about brown eyes, warmer maybe? i wanted to get the color contacts to make my eyes brown instead of green.

To be fair, about 80% of the population has brown eyes.

I once had supervisors explain that all the applicants were so similar that they chose who to interview mostly based on their name, based on past experiences they've had with people of that name. I was lucky that a previous employee with my name had left a favorable impression.

I tend to date brown eyes only. lol
I don’t know why but blue eyes frighten me ,I have blue grey eyes !doesn’t make bite of difference.I do know generally animals who have blue eyes if they are white tend to be deaf !And some animals indicate blindness. I remember a scene from the King and I where the kings concubines are distressed because an ambassador arrives who has blue eyes they call him a goat .

My dog Honey had one blue and one brown eye. :) My daughter - when asked what color her eyes were, I would answer I was going to wait and look at her driver's license to see. lol They kind of change - probably according to mood but I never tested it. :) My oldest don has two toned eyes, younger son has very blue (don't know where they came from - me and his dad both have brown).
Now the weird thing - even though when I look at someone I'm looking at their eye (singular), when they walk away I could not tell you what color their eye(s) are. I've sat there staring into their eye for 30 minutes, what the heck was I looking at???

But I do have a preference for brown eyed people because my dad had brown eyes and he was usually nice to me.

My father was the opposite (unworthy of the title 'dad' as he wasn't one). He had brown eyes but was an awful father. A violent, spiteful, selfish bully.

I tend to date brown eyes only. lol

That'd be on my 'no thanks' list :D Perhaps my judgement is clouded by my father being abusive.

Something about brown eyes, warmer maybe?

It interests me how different people think. Sometimes when I look at a white UK/European person with brown eyes, their eyes look dead. Cold. Flat. Not always. I suppose it depends on their entire demeanour, but I don't see the cold flat look in people with blue, green, hazel or grey eyes.

If someone elicits a familiar template in your brain that says " this is X type of person" then we categorize them quickly even detrimentally. This is called the Doppelganger Bias effect. This plays out in how employees are hired, dates night invites.

In a study by Brown University, participants played a money-sharing game whose headshots shown on screen were trustworthy to the not trustworthy range as they discovered. On the next round play, the virtual headshots had been digitally morphed to resemble those original partners.

The more trustworthy the original partner was, the more that person's doppelganger was picked and the more untrustworthy, the more they were rejected.
I think that’s a sweeping generalisation ,I do it for different reasons ,they are too personal to go into .

I've always preferred blondes when it came to the female gender, I don't know why, just a preference I guess.

Blue eyes here. Specifically, more of an icey kind of blue.

Which rather matches the cold, dead sort of response I give to most people trying to talk to me. So I guess that's appropriate.

It does not however match my absolute intolerance for things that are actually cold.

I dont notice eye color in others though. I mean, I aint gonna be looking at you to begin with, so....

New Threads

Top Bottom