• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Xochi on board

Xochi

Xochitl is pronounced Shochitl and means flower in Aztec (Nahuatl) but xochi means flower when combined with another word like coaxochi, etc. I am not Aztec, I am a WASp, but I live in the land home to many Nahuatl language tribes besides the Aztecs, Southern Arizona the north half of the Sonoron Desert, the most interesting, complicated desert in the world.

I am almost 74, but very healthy and young at heart. Married 48 years, 3 adult kids. I love dogs and have 3 big Chihuahuas who average 4.5 to 7 pounds. I am an obnoxious expert at a lot of things like dogs, pearls, Graham technique, and more.

I had a rough childhood because I was so sensitive to stimulation and would freak out with hissy fits when overstimulated or too much change happened. My parents were very structured and devoted a lot of time to teaching me basic manners. I graduated college with a degree in Anthropology, danced in a Graham-based company, spent time in the Haight Ashbury teaching dance at the local Haight theater, where I met hubby. Then 30 years later when retired from dance, back to school for a Masters in Counseling. Which was when I got evaluated at age 50 for Aspergers syndrome. It was 1994 and a very early after the DSMIV. I almost got kicked out of the counseling program when 4 students complained I was insensitive and self-centered, but the admin prevailed and I got sent for evaluation and then extra counseling and manners review. I learned a lot of rules and graduated with a 98th percentile on the exit exam. (way higher than the students who tried to kick me out of the counseling program).

I counseled mostly kids until retirement ten years later. Since retirement, I have pursued my favorite interests, plus I sew and do beadwork. I have become fairly competent academically at bipolar disorder and I am back in more counseling to bring insight into how bipolar and autism spectrums influence each other. As this topic has risen to be the central one at the moment, I think I may be here often for the nonce.o_O:):cool:

Xochi's on board! Abandon Ship! Save yourselves! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!

Just kidding. ;):D

Welcome to AC

Welcome aboard Flower! :)
image.jpg
image.jpg

I like you already but, I like obnoxious experts that delight in telling me everything they know about a subject they are an expert in. If they tell me, then I can tell them all about the things I am an expert in and, they have to listen. :p

Hi, and welcome! :)

What is a WASp?

It is an acronym for White Anglo-Saxon Protestant. Generally they are people born to privilege. They are usually wealthy and, are in a position to have more political, economical and/or social influence than average. Some see them as snobs and, the term WASP can be and often is used in a derogatory manner when referring to them.

Me, I see them as a normal part of my circles, I know and work with a lot of them. I might be called a WASP myself except I am a half breed Native American with French for the other half and, I am not a Protestant so, I don't quite qualify as a WASP.

It is an acronym for White Anglo-Saxon Protestant. Generally they are people born to privilege. They are usually wealthy and, are in a position to have more political, economical and/or social influence than average. Some see them as snobs and, the term WASP can be and often is used in a derogatory manner when referring to them.

Me, I see them as a normal part of my circles, I know and work with a lot of them. I might be called a WASP myself except I am a half breed Native American with French for the other half and, I am not a Protestant so, I don't quite qualify as a WASP.

New Threads

Top Bottom