• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Write a movie about Autism here.

I wonder who else will think this thread was an invitation
to write short outlines of scripts for movies about people
with autism.

I did. o_O

There are a few (already existing) movies mentioned over in the thread:
"What Is The Best Movie About Asperger's Syndrome?":)

On Netflix there's some foreign film (Japanese? Chinese? Korean? Heck, east Asian!) movie about an autistic kid who must become a good swordsman (or ninja?) and avenge their family. Been curious to see if it's any different from the other movies where the kid must be a martial artist and avenge their family.

Well, there's "Rain Man", but that one is a bit controversial for the stereotypes it perpetrates.

I just saw an episode of "Skins" that focused on the character J.J. who has Asperger's. The show is generally a bit over-the-top, but I love it. The scene at the doctor's office (4:50 -7:40) is especially good. I can relate to his frustration trying to find help.

There is a bit of a language and nudity warning that goes with this show, so keep that in mind.

On Netflix there's some foreign film (Japanese? Chinese? Korean? Heck, east Asian!) movie about an autistic kid who must become a good swordsman (or ninja?) and avenge their family. Been curious to see if it's any different from the other movies where the kid must be a martial artist and avenge their family.

Any additional clues?
Neither of these seemed to be it.
Two autism movies on Netflix Streaming | The Art of Autism

I looked yesterday, all through a 50 movie list of foreign language films from Netflix and even read a link from
AutismSpeaks...but nada.

Do you know if the show is live or anime?

Any additional clues?
Neither of these seemed to be it.
Two autism movies on Netflix Streaming | The Art of Autism

I looked yesterday, all through a 50 movie list of foreign language films from Netflix and even read a link from
AutismSpeaks...but nada.

Do you know if the show is live or anime?
Found it! =)
Chocolate. So instead it's about a kid with a terminally ill mother who's watched too many fighting movies and goes out to bloody some noses who owe her mother money. Kinda falls along the vengeance category.

The only reason I'm leery to watch it is because it's set in a modern era. I like my swords and arrows movies to not have horses and lamps instead of cars and lightbulbs. :p
But I guess if the Ong Bak people had a hand in it, it might be worth watching. That Tony Jaa, purrrr~

Found it! =)
Chocolate. So instead it's about a kid with a terminally ill mother who's watched too many fighting movies and goes out to bloody some noses who owe her mother money. Kinda falls along the vengeance category.

The only reason I'm leery to watch it is because it's set in a modern era. I like my swords and arrows movies to not have horses and lamps instead of cars and lightbulbs. :p
But I guess if the Ong Bak people had a hand in it, it might be worth watching. That Tony Jaa, purrrr~
Could be fun..
Hardcore girl, no stunt double, it says

I'm wondering if anyone agrees that Amelie girl had Autism?
Adam.

I like the movie because I can recognize myself in the main character.

New Threads

Top Bottom