• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Would you eat bugs?

Ours aren't anywhere near as poisonous as yours but they still really hurt when they bite and they get to 12 inches long. I don't want to try eating one of them.

I'm curious to try grasshoppers one day, I'll try almost anything once, but other than that I'm mostly a carnivore and I will happily chase my own food down and kill it.

View attachment 112581

300 Million years ago you could of had a challenging bug hunt.

Arthropleura was a giant Millipede. (Man shown for scale with life size model)

centipede 2.jpg

The fossilized tracks are impressive too.

centipede.jpg

In general no. The two exceptions being:

1) Will starve otherwise.

2) They try to eat me first.

View attachment 112577
They could try to eat people, they eat people after they die.
Do you not trust that you died in your house even spiders could eat you if you sit there a few days.
Hate to be morbid but I think they could easily eat flesh just like other animals if their food sources became scarce or they were hungry enough depending on the bug

Nope. I don't even like lobster or crabs, which basically giant bugs. On the other hand, I can't understand why I have to to feel like a horrible monster because I sprayed a couple of annoying, disease-spreading flies earlier today.

Of course, humans are also annoying and disease-spreading, but I can't spray them.

And spiders don't crawl into our mouths as we sleep, that's an urban myth. They actually try to avoid the hot stinky breath of mammalian creatures.
I not like eating them or killing them. I used to kill them but now I set them free outside.
Even spiders. I would rather them in the house than killing them but do not like them in the house either.

Then that makes me a seafood bugger.
I love shrimp, crab and lobster.

I wouldn't eat what we call insects unless lost and starving, maybe. :grimacing:
Main reason being is the idea of eating the guts and organs.
Couldn't really eat a bug without them. Grasshoppers have a wad of nasty looking innards, and most bugs are filled with juicy stuff too.
Some of them carry germs and salmonella. Like Palmetto bugs.

Crustaceans have some good meat in them.
I won't eat the shell or the internal organs. Shrimp must be deveined.
That's why I won't eat Sardines or oysters.
The guts go with them. Yuck.

Then that makes me a seafood bugger.
:) That just sounds funny, and it could have come straight out of my mother's mouth. She's a seafood fanatic too. Maybe there's a little bit of Aussie in your background somewhere. I'm not a huge fan myself, most of them are quite bland and tasteless.

No, I will not eat ze bugz, the fake meat, the meat cloned from celebrities, or whatever the next weird thing rich people wish to inflict on the masses is.

Yes I would, but only under one condition:

The world's wealthiest 1%, all of them, give certifiable and verifiable proof that they've led the way for humanity and have eaten nothing but insects as their non-vegetarian protein source for a period of five years straight. Once it's proven without any doubt that they've abstained from any animal flesh whatsoever for that period of time, then...bring me the roasted crickets and cockroach milk. However, if that condition is not met, then no, I won't be eating bugs.

Both of you

-100,000,000 social credit points.

Ours aren't anywhere near as poisonous as yours but they still really hurt when they bite and they get to 12 inches long. I don't want to try eating one of them.

I'm curious to try grasshoppers one day, I'll try almost anything once, but other than that I'm mostly a carnivore and I will happily chase my own food down and kill it.

View attachment 112581

Cook the grasshoppers before you eat them. They often contain harmful bacteria.

Ah, yes, the crawfish.
We called them crawdads in Missouri. Like those also, but they are hard to find here in Florida. Every place serves shrimp.

I don't know how centipedes could be good, but then I never could see how a snake could be peeled and deboned either. I've heard they taste like chicken.

Writing on this subject I see I don't like the idea of eating anything visceral.
hmmm...
enhanced-buzz-30300-1397481767-23.jpg

For the Centipede fans!

New Threads

Top Bottom