• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Work Sucks

ftfipps

I am looking for ideas on what jobs I should look for. I don't wanna do a job where I interact with people consistently. Some interaction is fine but I have worked jobs before, In fact, all but two of my jobs were complete and utter failures. My first two jobs were with upstanding, well educated, normal people.

I was the go-to guy in my first two jobs. I was 20 years old at that time. If the store managers needed something done, they were asking where I was. I had a job one time where I was serving drinks to 2,000 people a night at a restaurant. I didn't get how to do it at first, then, I slowly was able to somewhat hack it. They accused me of stealing and fired me after a couple months. They didn't know I am a high functioning autistic person, I didn't even know at the time.

After my first two good jobs I started having to take the crappy jobs to stay afloat. The quickest jobs to respond to my applications. The people there were, well, morons and I was out of my mind most of the time because I was on 350mg of Effexor, which just makes you a smiling, laughing simpleton. What is a job that I can do for myself? I tried working as a webpage editor for google but they don't like to hire men. I need money to get MY business ventures off the ground preparing for the future. I have a plan, I just need money to get it off the ground.

Last edited:
I am looking for ideas on what jobs I should look for. I don't wanna do a job where I interact with people consistently. Some interaction is fine but I have worked jobs before, In fact, all but two of my jobs were complete and utter failures. My first two jobs were with upstanding, well educated, normal people.

I was the go-to guy in my first two jobs. I was 20 years old at that time. If the store managers needed something done, they were asking where I was. I had a job one time where I was serving drinks to 2,000 people a night at a restaurant. I didn't get how to do it at first, then, I slowly was able to somewhat hack it. They accused me of stealing and fired me after a couple months. They didn't know I am a high functioning autistic person, I didn't even know at the time.

After my first two good jobs I started having to take the crappy jobs to stay afloat. The quickest jobs to respond to my applications. The people there were, well, morons and I was out of my mind most of the time because I was on 350mg of Effexor, which just makes you a smiling, laughing simpleton. That is how it has been ever since. What is a job that I can do for myself? I tried working as a webpage editor for google but they don't like to hire men. I need money to get MY business ventures off the ground preparing for the future. I have a plan, I just need money to get it off the ground.

@ftfipps, go over to @Sportster

Job Ideas

Check out this thread. I thought it was very helpful.

After my first two good jobs I started having to take the crappy jobs to stay afloat. The quickest jobs to respond to my applications. The people there were, well, morons and I was out of my mind most of the time because I was on 350mg of Effexor, which just makes you a smiling, laughing simpleton. That is how it has been ever since. What is a job that I can do for myself? I tried working as a webpage editor for google but they don't like to hire men. I need money to get MY business ventures off the ground preparing for the future. I have a plan, I just need money to get it off the ground.
Have you thought about working as a security guard? Most security guard jobs involve surprisingly little interaction with people, especially if you work the evening or overnight shifts. These jobs, while mind numbing and menial, pay better than fast food and low level retail and will give you plenty of time to work on other things when you're between patrols. The majority of security jobs in the US are unarmed and relatively safe. The worst thing you might have in a day is literally the boredom of watching paint dry.

Last edited:
Office work > everything.

Just sat in front of a PC typing documents and stuff, I'd be ideal for it but the Agencies keep saying I can't type fast enough.

I think It's funny how 89% of the people who read this post boycotted me because they thought I was being "mean". I find it amazing how people will give you advice and helpful suggestions, but when I ask someone on this site by name to back me up on something, they never do. Like they never knew ya. I think I have an ally and it blows up in my face.

Last edited:
I think It's funny how 89% of the people who read this post boycotted me because they thought I was being "mean". I find it amazing how people will give you advice and helpful suggestions, but when I ask someone by name to back me up on something, they never do. Like they never knew ya. I think I have an ally and it blows up in my face.

I'm lost.

How does this relate to your first post?

Do you mean that you talked to some people
in real life, and they gave you some ideas, but
then they declined to give you references or
other support?

I'm lost.

How does this relate to your first post?

Do you mean that you talked to some people
in real life, and they gave you some ideas, but
then they declined to give you references or
other support?

What I'm saying is, 3 people replied to the post but I know many people read it and got turned off because I was putting down my old co-workers, or I was seen as being negative. I was also stating that when I say something on any site and then I ask someone specifically to validate what I said, like @somebody, they never reply. Even though they were just replying to all my posts and offering to help me out. It bothers me when I think I have found a well wisher and It falls through for some reason.

Last edited:
"I know many people read it and got turned off because....."

That is what you are thinking.

It's not possible to know what the people
who looked but didn't reply were thinking,
unless:
A. you are a mind reader
B. they actually say what they were thinking, themselves.

A person may read, but not know what to say.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was also stating that when I say something on any site and then I ask someone specifically
to validate what I said, like @somebody, they never reply."

I am not sure what you're getting at there.
What is it you want people to do, exactly?
What validation are you looking for?

It is very innocent and I'm not putting anyone down or anything. I just was stating that I didn't understand why I don't get responses sometimes. That's all.

It is very innocent and I'm not putting anyone down or anything. I just was stating that I didn't understand why I don't get responses sometimes. That's all.
That's a little easier to understand.

There wasn't a lot to go on as far as post #5 was concerned.

Not everyone is going to have the answers that you seek or may not have anything helpful to offer.

I know that starting a thread outlining your employment concerns was important to you, but there isn't a guarantee that it will gain a lot of replies, nor immediate ones.

Please be patient, the ones that had your back in the past possibly haven't been on the forum yet either.

New Threads

Top Bottom