• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wife & Mum to newly diagnosed Aspies

jodieb6781

Hi All

I have joined this site looking for advice and new ways to approach communication and relationships with my son and husband as they have both just been diagnosed with Asperger's. My son also has ADHD and a language difficulty so if anyone has any advice on any of the above it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Jodie

Hi Jodie,
There is much advice to be found here, and most of it is good. I am sure you can find whatever it is that works best for your situation. We are all different, with different wants and needs, different tolerances and different interests. Learning how we communicate will probably turn out to be the most useful thing you can do.
Good luck and just ask if there is something specific that you are wondering about.

Welcome to AC :)

we have all types here and some of us live in the spectrum,so we all have a bit of coping skills and interest in what we are

Never hesitate to as one of our friendly members for help or advice ;)

Autism takes on many forms and has little predictability as to who gets what,but most of us share common quirks and habits that seen out of the norm to most of the world

Having AS is not a license to be way off base,but there are some things about it that will not follow neurotypical "normal" behavior

Dig thru the nice resource area here to learn how an aspie functions then make adjustments as necessary to help your lives as you still have to function as a family in some form of harmony

They are not better or worse off than you,they are just wired differently from birth...if you can understand their needs,you can adjust to them the same way they have to adjust to your world...

Welcome :)

I hope you find many answers here. Feel free to browse our recommended resources section too, for books on AS. Dr.Tony Attwood's books, and advice, come highly recommended by many of our members:
Resources | AspiesCentral.com

New Threads

Top Bottom