• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why is the chat room always mostly empty?

Every time I enter the chat room, there's only one or two people. Where's everybody at?

Somewhere else.
:)

What number of people are you
hoping to find?

Some people like to specifically arrange
a time with another person to be there.

I mainly like to go there when there are
no people at all, do a couple of Daffy Duck
cartwheels, and leave.

But some people do like the chat room.
:evergreen:

That's probably because it varies from day to day and from time to time. Some days you will find that most members are active around lets say 7pm compared to people around 1pm. There could be many reasons.

Most people tend to just post on the forums more than live chatrooms.

Somewhere else.
:)

What number of people are you
hoping to find?

Some people like to specifically arrange
a time with another person to be there.

I mainly like to go there when there are
no people at all, do a couple of Daffy Duck
cartwheels, and leave.

But some people do like the chat room.
:evergreen:
I love your responses. [emoji3]

That's probably because it varies from day to day and from time to time. Some days you will find that most members are active around lets say 7pm compared to people around 1pm. There could be many reasons.

Most people tend to just post on the forums more than live chatrooms.
Ok, thanks for the info.

Every time I enter the chat room, there's only one or two people. Where's everybody at?
You are always welcome just say hello....some peoples names stay in the chat room while they are out posting or there computer didn't shut off. I call people into the chat room various ways sometimes...you can say Hi to someone in the online box which they may or may not see, or you can ask invite someone to chat by saying hello on their personal page, or you can PM someone and invite them into the chat box.
I don't follow social norms much so I even say hi to people on post threads....they seem to like it and that is what counts in my book even if it is slightly improper subject wise, making friends is what it is all about. :)
Welcome to aspie land UniqueChic ,Tree taught me that trick shift key @ at sign and screen name.

In my own case, autism has something to do with it. Posting in threads at my leisure comes easy for me. Especially if I'm multitasking at the same time.

But carrying on a real-time conversation requires my utmost attention and ability to type. In a nutshell it's considerably more taxing for me where I must give up my multitasking and allow y'all to see just how bad my typing skills really are. :eek:

In my own case, autism has something to do with it. Posting in threads at my leisure comes easy for me. Especially if I'm multitasking at the same time.

But carrying on a real-time conversation requires my utmost attention and ability to type. In a nutshell it's considerably more taxing for me where I must give up my multitasking and allow y'all to see just how bad my typing skills really are. :eek:
I just do it anyway Judge ,I can't type or spell to save my life either, I have to use a electronic spell checker allot to clean things up.

I just do it anyway Judge ,I can't type or spell to save my life either, I have to use a electronic spell checker allot to clean things up.

I'm a perfectionist. Part of my OCD. I can edit a post, but a thread in chat is permanent. Drives me nuts if I misspell something.

I'm a perfectionist. Part of my OCD. I can edit a post, but a thread in chat is permanent. Drives me nuts if I misspell something.
My sympathies Judge ,if I cared that much it would be the end of me....as I am almost hopeless at spelling and grammar. And my Mother was a English Major...so you can imagine how wonderful my childhood was.:confused:

My sympathies Judge ,if I cared that much it would be the end of me....as I am almost hopeless at spelling and grammar. And my Mother was a English Major...so you can imagine how wonderful my childhood was.:confused:

It's definitely a challenge. One of those 24/7 kinds. I have a number of manifestations of OCD. Online concerns? They're just the tip of my iceberg.

It's definitely a challenge. One of those 24/7 kinds. I have a number of manifestations of OCD. Online concerns? They're just the tip of my iceberg.
If I have a OCD it is in being truly correct, or finding the most correct, (good) path on things, but being dyslexic I hoisted the white flag on being correct on spelling and grammar years ago. I still make heroic efforts on being correct socially as much as I am able to...often it is a losing battle tho.:confused:

I can not stand fake popular science...its mendacity in unrepentant incorrectness drives me mad.:eek:

If I have a OCD it is in being truly correct, or finding the most correct, (good) path on things, but being dyslexic I hoisted the white flag on being correct on spelling and grammar years ago. I still make heroic efforts on being correct socially as much as I am able to...often it is a losing battle tho.:confused:

I can not stand fake popular science...its mendacity in unrepentant incorrectness drives me mad.:eek:

My more exotic manifestations are in repetitively locking doors I know are locked, resetting alarms that were already set, and anticipating consequences for benign and unrelated things. And of course, the symmetry of objects in my immediate environment. Where everything is either parallel or perpendicular to everything else.

Luckily in most cases the tiny few people in my orbit don't seem to notice.

New Threads

Top Bottom