• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who is the woman of my dreams, and where is she?

FromEquestria2LA

This is a long thread, and a fairly serious one at that. Please, as a disclaimer, refrain from posting anything snide or mean-spirited. So with that said....
---
I'm EquestriatoLA, or Johnny. I am almost 28, and have thought about getting a job as a computer programmer, partly because my dad is prodding me to do it. I live on a fixed income (that is as far as I will go with this, going further would be too personal for me), and as a result, I live at home (but then again, more people my age are in the same boat as I am, so I guess I don't feel as lonely on that front).

I've thought about moving to Los Angeles, but after hearing about their water problems (the state of California's, not just LA's) and the fact that there may be a major earthquake in the area within 30 years, those are, well, making me reconsider my move. But I will still try and visit there when I can. (You can read my concerns here: Reconsidering my move to Los Angeles | AspiesCentral.com

Yes, I may be upbeat most of the time, but sometimes I get down on myself, because I get compared to a lot of bad people (Casey Anthony and Jerry Sandusky come to mind) because of my social awkwardness stemming from my Aspie's (not trying to use it as a crutch, but it's just how I see things, really, before you pass judgment).

My family (and many of my friends close to me) think I am a treasure trove; I also sometimes look down on myself because I think I am cursed as a person because my birthday is on 4/13 (to fill you in on that, 4 is considered unlucky in Asian cultures, likewise with 13 in Western cultures).

But what are my good qualities? Let's see.....
I have four. Here are those four things you need to know about my good qualities:
1) My intelligence. Yeah, I know certain things, that’s what makes me so great as an Aspie. I mean, I have expertise in certain areas (sports, anime/manga, a lot of things) while I have photographic memory in some fields, as I said, there are others that I cannot do to well in. So, I’m pretty good on that front.

2) My humor. Obviously. I have many inspirations on this front, and some of my jokes are clean, others may be a bit crass, but your mileage may vary on the latter.

3) My gregariousness. Someone told me I can perform in front of an audience, and if you have seen me do so, I certainly can bring the house down.

4) I am kind-hearted. I am not as annoying/eccentric as you think, it’s just a part of who I am, really. Despite some of my problems, in the end, I am just an all-around nice guy who wants to fit in to a degree. Because of all this, I was very much loved by my high school graduating class.

While this isn't quite a dating site, I just want to ask you all: What would the woman of my dreams be like if I found her, and where would she be? I'd like you to be as creative and as nice to me about this, because I am just a hopeless dreamer. Cheers, and here's hoping the woman of my dreams comes to me soon. :D

What would the woman of my dreams be like if I found her, and where would she be?
I find this might be a hard question for someone to answer as what someone might advise could be something you might not want and will learn this later on. The only person can know what you want is yourself.

You really are the only person who can determine what sort of partner you would want in a woman.

I would advise trying out online dating. Examine yourself in what you have to offer (you seemed to easily list some of your good qualities, which is a brilliant start :D) and what you would realistically like to find in a partner. Keep in mind that what you think you might want, and what you actually want may be quite different. I would, however, discourage coming up with a precise list of traits in a desired partner, because adhering to such a list would be inflexible (a common aspie trait) and could lead to missing opportunities!

Experiment with putting yourself out there, experiment with what you are and are not comfortable sharing up front (in a profile), experiment! :)

That's an easy one. In your dreams. That is of course where dream women and men dwell. If they try to cross over to reality, they are converted into the closest thing, Reality TV actors and actresses. ;)

We all tend to have unrealistic expectations at times. Consider being told you are only "One in Eighty Five!" as still pretty good.
;)

Good qualities/intentions are ok of themselves, but usually not enough to gain a partner. To gain a partner they must also be used to achieve concrete results.

This is a long thread, and a fairly serious one at that. Please, as a disclaimer, refrain from posting anything snide or mean-spirited. So with that said....
---
I'm EquestriatoLA, or Johnny. I am almost 28, and have thought about getting a job as a computer programmer, partly because my dad is prodding me to do it. I live on a fixed income (that is as far as I will go with this, going further would be too personal for me), and as a result, I live at home (but then again, more people my age are in the same boat as I am, so I guess I don't feel as lonely on that front).

I've thought about moving to Los Angeles, but after hearing about their water problems (the state of California's, not just LA's) and the fact that there may be a major earthquake in the area within 30 years, those are, well, making me reconsider my move. But I will still try and visit there when I can. (You can read my concerns here: Reconsidering my move to Los Angeles | AspiesCentral.com

Yes, I may be upbeat most of the time, but sometimes I get down on myself, because I get compared to a lot of bad people (Casey Anthony and Jerry Sandusky come to mind) because of my social awkwardness stemming from my Aspie's (not trying to use it as a crutch, but it's just how I see things, really, before you pass judgment).

My family (and many of my friends close to me) think I am a treasure trove; I also sometimes look down on myself because I think I am cursed as a person because my birthday is on 4/13 (to fill you in on that, 4 is considered unlucky in Asian cultures, likewise with 13 in Western cultures).

But what are my good qualities? Let's see.....
I have four. Here are those four things you need to know about my good qualities:
1) My intelligence. Yeah, I know certain things, that’s what makes me so great as an Aspie. I mean, I have expertise in certain areas (sports, anime/manga, a lot of things) while I have photographic memory in some fields, as I said, there are others that I cannot do to well in. So, I’m pretty good on that front.

2) My humor. Obviously. I have many inspirations on this front, and some of my jokes are clean, others may be a bit crass, but your mileage may vary on the latter.

3) My gregariousness. Someone told me I can perform in front of an audience, and if you have seen me do so, I certainly can bring the house down.

4) I am kind-hearted. I am not as annoying/eccentric as you think, it’s just a part of who I am, really. Despite some of my problems, in the end, I am just an all-around nice guy who wants to fit in to a degree. Because of all this, I was very much loved by my high school graduating class.

While this isn't quite a dating site, I just want to ask you all: What would the woman of my dreams be like if I found her, and where would she be? I'd like you to be as creative and as nice to me about this, because I am just a hopeless dreamer. Cheers, and here's hoping the woman of my dreams comes to me soon. :D
You're pretty cool ^^ You know why? You're too much like me. JK Except I'm studying in undergrad. What really frustrates me is that with almost every woman I become attracted to, I find out she is in a relationship, with the possible exceptions of those who are single either by choice or recently having broken up. Of the few guys who are in a relationship at my campus, most of them are in a relationship with freshman or high school girls, while all the seniors are dating juniors, and it's ****ing annoying because I don't have anyone. All these people having relationships YOUNGER than me and I'm 20 and I never even kissed a girl or held hands with a girl.

And yeah, I put myself down alot. As for my good qualities, I am interested in various fields of knowledge, I'm interested in and can play and compose music, I'm fairly good at academics (but perform abysmally on tests due to performance anxiety), and I think for the most part I am relatively a good person, with a few times I may be unstable due to again aforementioned loneliness or feelings of dejection. It's come to the point where I gave up trying to meet people because I've lost all motivation, no matter how much I try to work up. I don't get it...

@"FromEquestria2LA,

The woman of your dreams will want to have the United States & Canadian national anthems played at her wedding. :p But just kidding! And one day you will each other. You will be the ONE for her, her one in a million. You are young, you have PLENTY of time to find each other. Just be yourself & live your life. You will probably meet when you least expect it. :)

The US/Canadian anthems @ my wedding Q | AspiesCentral.com

EquestriatoLA, I think you shouldn't force the process: love is quite natural and it has to flow. My experience, in fact, is that the more you force things, the worst they turn out (e.g.: you end up attaching to a 'toxic' person and hurting yourself).
As someone said: enjoy yourself and don't get frustrated for not finding the right person. She'll appear somewhere, anytime. My grandma has always told me that "no rip lacks for a patch" and I do believe she's right.
In the meanwhile try to develop your interests, visit places and practice your hobbies and you may know her when doing so (it usually happens ;)).

New Threads

Top Bottom